<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, June 24, 2005

My 'Secret' Hideout

So this is what solitude (somewhat) feels like.

I do realize that this is still public despite the fact that my identity is more anonymous than ever, having excluded personal details that are usually shared willingly, and using a different online handle rather than the one I've been using ever since I was 15.

It's rather like moving into a new house, in a new neighbourhood. You lie down on the floor of your soon-to-be bedroom and take in its emptiness, the blank white-washed walls, the silence that sometimes seems too loud. And then you begin to sing; softly at first, testing your grounds, amused at how your voice skips around the room like a frivolous child. And then you sing louder but still with slight restraint - someone might be listening just beyond your walls.

I relinquish this moment of anonymity, of feeling as if no eyes are peering into my room and exclaiming how empty it is.

In whispers: No one can see me.

I need to disassociate myself from people who make me feel bad about myself. It is not their fault; they are but my insecurities that I cannot reason myself out of, and the only thing I can do is hide.

But for now I write as I want to, rant as I did once upon a blue moon ago.

Too bad I'm my own automated gatekeeper.

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you did it....FREEDOM!!

I saw a familiar local face on one of my subscriber's list and WHOAH i freaked for a second...that person is a little bit savvy with the Net, so I am not sure what to do....I don't even have a blog tracker...*sigh*

3:17 AM, June 25, 2005  
Blogger Illicitus said...

Nice.

I forgot for a second who's blog I was reading when you did the New House analogy. He he

I want to write like you - TOO!

Teach me your ways wise mistress

10:31 AM, June 25, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

lc.. get one! i'm trying to locate a good one for blogger too..will tell u which to register for when i do =)

micH..apa lah. i copied you leh. hehe.

1:55 PM, June 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY ... girl, you know i know exactly how you feel. i was thrilled to a tee when i got my blogspot lol. and you described it beautifully - it really is like moving into a new house.

gosh. so this is my housewarming gift to you: a little cyber potplant cactus and lots of love-vibes!

mutzeltoff!!

3:51 PM, June 25, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

ooohh.. cactuses.did you know chinese superstition says tht cacti in a house is where the 'spirits' dwell? creepy.

(information provided by gambs: nah..give u credit!)

anyway, Yhups! am thrrrilled to be here. so much new furniture to buy, so many decos to put on my clean walls =)

4:43 PM, June 25, 2005  
Blogger Kenny said...

bahahahah!!!!!!!!!!! =)~~

11:52 PM, June 25, 2005  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

i still find myself typing in ur xanga address hehe

need to update my sorry brain

12:14 AM, June 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I need a xanga tracker, but all the good ones have stop subscriptions. =( It's just that I'm quite open on my site and sometimes list names, cause I know that my friends and most ppl I know are clueless about the Net. Now that I know one, I'm getting paranoid...it's more about past entries, so might take them down...don't care about the present eh..=)

I did create a blogger site with a name I'm quite loving...so who knows. =)

5:53 AM, June 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write like no one has written ;)

7:37 AM, June 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg really? i love cactuses!

ok i'd like to substitute it for a lucky bamboo...

:)

ugh asian faux pas. this is why i'd suck working in an asian country :(

10:21 AM, June 26, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

lc..give u some good ones when italk to u =)

vickz. yups.

alli..don't care! my entire house has cactuses =P eheh.

10:58 AM, June 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home