The Past Tense, The Present Tense and the Future Tense
The three major periods in life. Regardless of how old (or young at heart) we get, each of us carry with us yesterdays, todays and tomorrows.
My yesterdays seem so full of mistakes and regrets, so Taiwanese drama-like. What should've been the sweetest memories of my teenage years make me flinch. It's a little like a bad first cup of coffee. When one's first experiences are shadowed by the bitterness of that first sip that was supposed to be pleasing, one tends to show an expression that expresses much disgust at the expresso. And they shy away from coffee for a long, long time.
I just had my first cuppa early this year. I think I might be beginning to like it. =)
My todays seem interesting enough as I observe them. This evening I taught my baby brother how to use a skipping rope. Earlier in the night I strolled down the entire river side, legs aching, just like old times. Three days from now I work. Next week I might fly solo if my parents can be convinced that I won't wreck the car.
But tonight, my heart is warm because I just realized that I could still love. And I think I like me more because of that.
My tomorrows... I worry about too much. I think there's some mis-management in The Department of Sanity. My left brain and my heart aren't co-operating.
Dear God, please let me have enough faith to leave my tomorrows to You.
My yesterdays seem so full of mistakes and regrets, so Taiwanese drama-like. What should've been the sweetest memories of my teenage years make me flinch. It's a little like a bad first cup of coffee. When one's first experiences are shadowed by the bitterness of that first sip that was supposed to be pleasing, one tends to show an expression that expresses much disgust at the expresso. And they shy away from coffee for a long, long time.
I just had my first cuppa early this year. I think I might be beginning to like it. =)
My todays seem interesting enough as I observe them. This evening I taught my baby brother how to use a skipping rope. Earlier in the night I strolled down the entire river side, legs aching, just like old times. Three days from now I work. Next week I might fly solo if my parents can be convinced that I won't wreck the car.
But tonight, my heart is warm because I just realized that I could still love. And I think I like me more because of that.
My tomorrows... I worry about too much. I think there's some mis-management in The Department of Sanity. My left brain and my heart aren't co-operating.
Dear God, please let me have enough faith to leave my tomorrows to You.
:
"You just need to beeelllieeve..",*Mariah-style*..., "and when you dooo..." please write a blog and explain it in simple language for me...LOL
Although one door or one BIG BIG gate, SLAMS STRAIGHT IN MY FACE....there is this little crack of hope ....*sigh*..my faith is so taking a beating being overseas...but yeah..check my update when I get to it. =))
oooh I realised cause of the time difference, I might be the first to comment alllll the time....*dancing lil jig*
welll ...
there are lots of things i regret and wish i handled better too but we wouldn't be who we are without them yeah?
and as for worrying about tomorrow - we know how futile that is right? all we have is now - overthinking the future is so pointless. my friend ... a very promising journo who works for a huge telly station here once told me, "i just want to be SUCCESSFUL." by all accounts, he already is but i think he wants more. i don't give a lot of advice often but one thing that has always been told to me is this:
put God first ... seek first what he wants and ALL these things - all the extras and hidden add-ons will be given to you.
I guess you can take as much of that quote as you want from it, but when I think about it, many successful people i know - even though they face really hard times, get through them because they live by that principal.
and that's my minus two sen worth haha. xoxo
lc.. i have absolute NO idea what song that is. uh..what i was saying was er..
yesterdays - sucky teenage years
todays - facinating, and i just realized i'm not as bitter as i sound.
tomorrows - i can't handle them, someone (God) please take care of them for me.
and i had no idea tht commenting first meant so much to you. Lol. =)
alli.. ditto. now all i gotta do is try to remember that. sometimes u know these things but u just don't follow them through =P that's me.
"o heart, teach me calm so that i may live to face another day with peace.
o brain, entertain urself with something useful." - the prayer of St Mervyn
ahahha omg.
merv. you crack me up.
lol.
faith is all of wad we can rely on when it comes 2 god, isnt always the case?
reading back my comments, I think it was just too early and sleep deprived...I myself don't even know what I wrote.
Just thinking today that I so need to get back to UK time, being on Aussie time is making me mentally cuckoo at times.
"yesterday is yesterday. if we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow."
- tomorrow, mixed by cosmic gate
Nice site!
[url=http://mawerrtz.com/bliu/adiw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://oyazvsod.com/nreu/zbdk.html]Cool site[/url]
Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit
Good design!
http://mawerrtz.com/bliu/adiw.html | http://cibadbrs.com/eqmi/byot.html
Post a Comment
<< Home