<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Oishi!

Moobs brought me out for bento the other night at a place called Miso in the CBD. Bloody long queue but so worth the wait! 



Been really stressed out at work recently. I know, what could possibly be stressful about a retail job that requires the brain power of a hamster right?

Well, for one, new manager who doesn't time manage well and decides to do every aspect of the floorset in one day but fails to leaving the store so chaotic/ messy that customers have to hurdle over leather duffles and bag stuffing in order to get in and out of the store.

Messy store = flustered me = bad sales. 

She also likes to call me a lot. Workmate feels that she's treating me as a 2ic (second in charge) even though I'm not even a part-timer. I'm just a casual!

Also, I think age is catching up with me. My skin is getting progressively teruk (horrible/ bad) and has pushed my combination skin to extremities. While my cheeks look like they've been punctured with a satay stick and are flaky, my forehead is so shiny that you could see yourself on it.

Need a new skin regime methinks, have been browsing for ages but not quite sure what to get. Everything sounds and looks the same. Any suggestions that wouldn't burn too big a hole in my wallet? 

I feel like I haven't looked pretty for a year now :(




:

Anonymous Lc said...

What is your current routine. Maybe change your moisturiser if ur skin is dry as it sounds like its not getting enough moisture, but has to be oil free ok. :) another factor is sleep and water and whether ur getting enough. Alli said sleeping past 11pm puts a lot of stress on the skin. :) hope that helps.

4:07 AM, August 05, 2009  
Blogger Keem said...

Current routine is to wash, tone, moisturise. Occasionally mask every few days. I'm thinking maybe the product doesn't fit my skin anymore? Er.. I usually sleep about 11.30 or 12pm. You reckon half an hour/ an hour makes a huge diff?

Right now I'm just using what I'm using, but washing the dry bits less and moisturising them more. A beauty forum said to use vaseline on the dry bits before going to bed, seems to be better so far.

6:56 AM, August 05, 2009  
Anonymous lc said...

Oh the half hour after 11pm doesn't make a diff, I was thinking of 2am 3am kind of bedtimes. :)

What brand are you using, maybe the fluctuation in weather is causing it to dry out more. I generally use a lotion but when I feel the cold makes my skin too dry - i switch to a heavier cream (like in NZ). Not sure if your skin is sensitive but I just get a basic cheapo since I don't use a creme often as it's too heavy..I get the $3 tube of Nivea Moisturising lotion (think you can use it everywhere, not just face hence better value once u don't need it) or the Rosken Skin Repair (again multi purpose). Both are quick thick so I don't use much unless I felt it needed more. Btw oil is not the same as moisture so u still need to moisturise your T-oily zone, but obviously with an oilfree product not the heavy creme I'm talking about.

Yes, I am sick coughing in bed..deciding if I should make it to Tafe (and I think yes because I can't bear to miss it - that's dedication!) but I LOVEEE talking about skin (plz don't judge me by my own skin. haha).

Oooh check if your current toner has alcohol in it, sometimes that's a NO NO too. And your cleanser can be too strong? I use Neutrogena acne or deep cleanse wash, it's simple and not harsh on the skin. Generally cheap options, and splurge bit more on the moisturiser. I skip Toner as I'm using a water-based cleanser.

12:47 PM, August 05, 2009  
Blogger Keem said...

am using a skincare line called Academie. It's French I think. A colleague gave it to me as a going away and it's quite mild. I think it's just the weather and er.. aging :P

Before this I used Neutrogena for cleanser and moisturiser but also have Dove moisturiser for dryer days.

Am considering getting Clinique? Is it any good?

6:37 PM, August 05, 2009  
Anonymous lc said...

Some ppl like Clinique, I personally don't..the cleanser and toner has too much alcohol, it STINGS like hell ..this will not help ur oiliness or dryness but aggravate both.

I jump from brand to brand in regards to Moisturiser, currently using my stash from Singapore which Alli recommended. Uriage - drugstore brand.

The only proper brand that I've used is Dermalogica but that's because I have acne-prone skin.

Btw, it's cheaper here:
www.strawberrynet.com (use my gmail for an additional 10%) off.

6:44 PM, August 05, 2009  
Blogger Keem said...

Oooh! If I am a new customer they give me Stila make up!

9:19 PM, August 05, 2009  
Anonymous lc said...

What u going to try? :)

5:16 PM, August 06, 2009  
Blogger Keem said...

i dunnoo! so many things! but alli recommends kiehls and dr. hauschka!

7:59 PM, August 06, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would like some bento please, thanks.

sarahyeo

12:29 AM, August 09, 2009  
Blogger Keem said...

miss yeo. takkan kl don't have.

i miss the japanese buffet at your aunt's ex-hotel. this bento goes nowhere near its standard. mostly because have to pay. and got limited amount.

i am foochow mah, quantity then quality!

8:08 PM, August 09, 2009  
Blogger Kahani said...

Try switching to a hydrating gel moisturiser topped with a creamier one on your cheeks. That should help cut the oil and moisturise it better.

To deal with pimples and to balance, use Himalaya neem herbal mask all over for 10-15 minutes and then follow with a hydrating mask.

You come back I take you in hand. =)

5:45 PM, August 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home