Fuggin Nutshit
Are the words that repetitively marqueed through my mind as I took the elevator down to the ground floor of the building I WAS supposed to start work in today.
Here's what happened.
Today was SUPPOSED to be my first day of work. Work starts at 9am, I got there at 830am.
My editor wasn't there yet and the sub-editor was only going to be in at 9, so I waited.
When the sub-ed came, she told me that I had to wait for a certain Ms.Something to register for my clock-in & clock-out card. So I waited some more.
Ms. Something came. She claims that my editor has not given her any instructions, and had no idea that I was reporting for duty today. Neither did the sub-ed.
After some bickering, someone finally called the editor who wasn't in the office yet. He tells them to tell me that I'm not 'approved' yet.
Sub-editor hangs up the phone, apologises.
I ask her when will they let me know then. She says they'll call me.
Fuggin nutshit.
I recap my interview day, and try to remember what went wrong where.
He offered me the job, I accepted. He asked me whether I would like to start right away, or the next month (July). I said next month. He said 'Okay, see you then. We'll call you if there's anything.'
I guess this doesn't count as anything.
Screw them. Screw bureaucracy. Screw mis-management.
Upon getting home, I called up a company who are currently looking for a Marketing Exec. I've an interview set for tomorrow morning, and if I get accepted, goodbye stupid newspaper job that pays shit.
Ugh.
12 hours passed and I'm still pissed.
I LOATH INCOMPETENCE.
Here's what happened.
Today was SUPPOSED to be my first day of work. Work starts at 9am, I got there at 830am.
My editor wasn't there yet and the sub-editor was only going to be in at 9, so I waited.
When the sub-ed came, she told me that I had to wait for a certain Ms.Something to register for my clock-in & clock-out card. So I waited some more.
Ms. Something came. She claims that my editor has not given her any instructions, and had no idea that I was reporting for duty today. Neither did the sub-ed.
After some bickering, someone finally called the editor who wasn't in the office yet. He tells them to tell me that I'm not 'approved' yet.
Sub-editor hangs up the phone, apologises.
I ask her when will they let me know then. She says they'll call me.
Fuggin nutshit.
I recap my interview day, and try to remember what went wrong where.
He offered me the job, I accepted. He asked me whether I would like to start right away, or the next month (July). I said next month. He said 'Okay, see you then. We'll call you if there's anything.'
I guess this doesn't count as anything.
Screw them. Screw bureaucracy. Screw mis-management.
Upon getting home, I called up a company who are currently looking for a Marketing Exec. I've an interview set for tomorrow morning, and if I get accepted, goodbye stupid newspaper job that pays shit.
Ugh.
12 hours passed and I'm still pissed.
I LOATH INCOMPETENCE.
:
chin up girl.
good luck in the other interview.
chrissieee
omg i'm so pissed for you.
bureaucratic red tape, disorganisation ... this is shocking. i hope this is a clear example of the administrativelly-inept people you'll possibly be working with.
babe, i say go with the new gig. it pays more and there's a better chance of a longer career in this field ... plus, do you really want to be working with people like THAT?
that's the most unprofessional thing i've heard :( grrr. anyway, be strong and take care of number 1 - you don't owe anyone anything in this circumstance. xox
there there... *pat pat*
you'd think UTAR would have inured you to this by now. =P
oh blardy hell. kim tart, yes screw them all. don't EVER get back to those ppl who pay you shit. you really can't be working for ppl like that. marketing exec-ing sure looks like a better prospect. like really man.
stay strong and keep on pushing k?
dear peeps.. the interview went well this morning but i really don't know.
they promised to get back to me first thing monday morning..so once i get the offer, i'm gonna call up tht newspaper and telling them i'm declining their offer.
crossing all fingers, toes, legs, arms and braiding my hair.
i jes did..i give in an extra effort also ...i twist my *tut* ...so i think it will go well..
Aah so that's what happened....I remember that night u told me briefly of the angst.....I'd have screamed for SURE!!
Damn those people, that is so disorganised....how are they meant to get hardworking people if they can't even get their act together.
I hope your interview goes well so you can tell them to HIT THE ROAD JACK!!
knie.. now tht's an obscene sight to picture. heh. so i shan't >.<
lc..whether if the other interview works out or not, am gonna call tht paper up in a moment to tell them i can't work for them. don't think it's worth putting up with. poo poo.
Post a Comment
<< Home