Revelation
I've always thought I could be extraordinary, as long as I put my heart in it.
Work hard, think on my toes, be nice to people, take opportunities that come by because there's no such thing as luck, only chances.
I thought it'd kick in, eventually, you know. Extraordinariness.
I didn't have a specific idea of what kind of extraordinary I wanted to be; no special target.
While some argue that I'm doing okay at what I'm doing right now - and I agree, okay is not what I thought I would be.
I don't want to be one of the pack, the average Joe. And seeing people who are younger than me, doing better than me, hurts somewhere.
And this is when I feel the bite of age. Yes, I'm only turning 26, but they're only 21. At 21, I was frolicking in college while these 21s are traipsing all over the world, earning figures that are triple mine.
I don't think that that's necessarily success, but it should at least be that you excel at what you do, and I feel like I'm just going through the motions. If this is what excellence feels like, well, it ain't that great.
Which brings me to today, which I fear is all I'm ever going to be.
Work hard, think on my toes, be nice to people, take opportunities that come by because there's no such thing as luck, only chances.
I thought it'd kick in, eventually, you know. Extraordinariness.
I didn't have a specific idea of what kind of extraordinary I wanted to be; no special target.
While some argue that I'm doing okay at what I'm doing right now - and I agree, okay is not what I thought I would be.
I don't want to be one of the pack, the average Joe. And seeing people who are younger than me, doing better than me, hurts somewhere.
And this is when I feel the bite of age. Yes, I'm only turning 26, but they're only 21. At 21, I was frolicking in college while these 21s are traipsing all over the world, earning figures that are triple mine.
I don't think that that's necessarily success, but it should at least be that you excel at what you do, and I feel like I'm just going through the motions. If this is what excellence feels like, well, it ain't that great.
Which brings me to today, which I fear is all I'm ever going to be.
:
Being extraordinary is a skill, not a born talent. You've to work at it.
I know how you feel, I myself is 28 and while having an above average job, I still feel like I'm nowhere near greatness.
But you know what? That feeling like the world revolves around you and/or you're born to do great things?
I still do think that way about myself, and thats why i'll keep at it to make it come true, cause I don't wanna look back one day and find out I'm the only person standing in my own way towards greatness.
Btw, I'm a regular at your blog. I find it, quite extraordinary. Keep writing :)
hey :) thanks! i needed that.. i think :)
I think that 'i'm the only person standing in my own way towards greatness' is pretty true here too - i'm extremely cautious with all my undertakings, which results in a lot of things not happening, or happening later than they should.
MUST. NOT. OVERTHINK.
Thanks for commenting btw, keeps up the morale on this end to know that someone give's a rats ass about what I say :)
Here's to achieving extraordinariness!
Post a Comment
<< Home