you got a fast car, i want a ticket to anywhere
It's funny how your plans change when someone comes into your life.
The plan was to finish off here, scarper to some foreign country where people won't point at me and laugh too hard and do the corporate ladder thing and hopefully earn just enough to get by on food and Transformers/video-games/books.
Funny how all the things that you used to want suddenly don't seem to be as important when someone decides that putting up with you could be something that they'd like to do for the conceivable future.
Because all of a sudden 'just enough' isn't quite enough anymore. And since I've always been a 'just enough' sort of fellow, the last few months have been confusingly interesting. There's this odd motivation that's there and it wasn't there before and I'm not sure I like it. Hard work and consistent concentration is not my thing. Not by a long-shot. But nowadays, I'm compelled to be... better. All because all of a sudden 'just enough' isn't quite enough anymore.
I just wish it didn't didn't take so much effort. But you can't help what you're compelled to do, I guess. Off we go.
The plan was to finish off here, scarper to some foreign country where people won't point at me and laugh too hard and do the corporate ladder thing and hopefully earn just enough to get by on food and Transformers/video-games/books.
Funny how all the things that you used to want suddenly don't seem to be as important when someone decides that putting up with you could be something that they'd like to do for the conceivable future.
Because all of a sudden 'just enough' isn't quite enough anymore. And since I've always been a 'just enough' sort of fellow, the last few months have been confusingly interesting. There's this odd motivation that's there and it wasn't there before and I'm not sure I like it. Hard work and consistent concentration is not my thing. Not by a long-shot. But nowadays, I'm compelled to be... better. All because all of a sudden 'just enough' isn't quite enough anymore.
I just wish it didn't didn't take so much effort. But you can't help what you're compelled to do, I guess. Off we go.
:
Post a Comment
<< Home