You are a black magic woman
That's what my parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, people I don't know are singing on the karaoke set downstairs. Right now.
Chinese New Year, I understand, is a very noisy, crowdy event.
With lots of dirty kids running about breaking stuff, leaving fingerprints on the glass table and sticky stains on the furniture.
Then there are the teenagers who create their own fireworks by selotaping different time of fireworks together, with full intention of setting it off right in front of your house where at least 6 cars are parked.
Then the adults - sober ones, drunk ones, they're all the same - loud, excited and... singing Nothing But A Heartache. Together. AT 11.57PM. While I cleaned up the mess in the kitchen - pots, plates, bowls, cutlery, empty cans, glasses...
Don't know if you can tell, but I'm not exactly thrilled about the holidays right now.
And to mock me, singing from downstairs: "Such a feeling's coming over me, there is wonder in almost everything I see..."
Chinese New Year, I understand, is a very noisy, crowdy event.
With lots of dirty kids running about breaking stuff, leaving fingerprints on the glass table and sticky stains on the furniture.
Then there are the teenagers who create their own fireworks by selotaping different time of fireworks together, with full intention of setting it off right in front of your house where at least 6 cars are parked.
Then the adults - sober ones, drunk ones, they're all the same - loud, excited and... singing Nothing But A Heartache. Together. AT 11.57PM. While I cleaned up the mess in the kitchen - pots, plates, bowls, cutlery, empty cans, glasses...
Don't know if you can tell, but I'm not exactly thrilled about the holidays right now.
And to mock me, singing from downstairs: "Such a feeling's coming over me, there is wonder in almost everything I see..."
:
Post a Comment
<< Home