Been awhile!
Hey yo!
Okay, so it has been a long time and it feels like I've abandoned this blog, which I have, but there's a sudden itch, you might say, to write again.
Also, Moobs just bought me my 2nd Christmas present for 2010.
I present to you, my ukulele!

Behold, the fine details of my UK-50 (RM173) from Chambers Music in Sungai Wang Plaza (which, by the way, had the most obnoxious uppity Cina sales staff I've ever met - BIG DEAL you work in a music store, it's not like you're Kurt Cobain).
Arrived home just a bit before 10pm with it, went on YouTube to learn how to tune it and was quite happy with the results until the last string jumped out from it's slot and whipped me. Have been trying to string it for the past hour (with Moobs holding a pillow in front of it the entire time), no success. And also, the groan the string makes when it is tensed up is giving me eye twitches. Occupational trauma? :)
Conclusion: I give up. Tomorrow, we'll seek out a music store and get someone else to risk their lives. Till then, the world will just have to wait awhile to witness my musical talent.
Okay, so it has been a long time and it feels like I've abandoned this blog, which I have, but there's a sudden itch, you might say, to write again.
Also, Moobs just bought me my 2nd Christmas present for 2010.
I present to you, my ukulele!

Behold, the fine details of my UK-50 (RM173) from Chambers Music in Sungai Wang Plaza (which, by the way, had the most obnoxious uppity Cina sales staff I've ever met - BIG DEAL you work in a music store, it's not like you're Kurt Cobain).
Arrived home just a bit before 10pm with it, went on YouTube to learn how to tune it and was quite happy with the results until the last string jumped out from it's slot and whipped me. Have been trying to string it for the past hour (with Moobs holding a pillow in front of it the entire time), no success. And also, the groan the string makes when it is tensed up is giving me eye twitches. Occupational trauma? :)
Conclusion: I give up. Tomorrow, we'll seek out a music store and get someone else to risk their lives. Till then, the world will just have to wait awhile to witness my musical talent.
:
Post a Comment
<< Home