<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Update. FAIL.

Weather: It rained while I was taking a nap. Absolutely GLORIOUS!

Disposition: Am feeling very grumpy but grateful. Thank you big man in the sky for all the good people I know especially Moobs*, Em*, Pete*, Wills* and Ziz*. Also, thank you for giving me such an amazing team of people to work with every day. Also, thank you for Journalism.

Watching: Caprica, Season 1 Ep07. It's very serious, this show. Not to say it's bad, because it isn't. Requires a lot of emotional investment and attention. I miss my ditzy vampire series (True Blood, The Vampire Diaries).


Luck has been on my side recently, and I am thankful.

I've won two lucky draws this month: the first one was a hamper of supplements (Evening Primrose Oil, Executive B) just as I was feeling weak, and the second one -- a netbook!
HP Mini 5102
Also, I'm being sent on a week-long trip to Tasmania (Hobart, Freycinet and Lauceston) mid-May where the work will consist of eating good food and drinking Tassie wine while taking in the beautiful outback. Am trying to get the clients to book me for a flight a few days before the actual trip so I can make a trip down to Sydney to see Moobs* and perhaps meet up with some friends (or friend, more like it -- yes LC, I'm talking about you! Lets do ribs at Hurricane's okay? Or the Fish Market!).
Fingers crossed that works out but even if it doesn't, I really lucked out with this one because most work trips for us do really mean work -- being dragged around by clients to meet/ have dinner/ rub shoulders their CEOs, interviews and general PR-ing for the company.
------------------------------------
While lamenting how poorly we paid we are compared to others who are in a different line of work, Pete* and I theorised, in a move towards self-consolation due to our very small paychecks, bonuses and almost non-existent yearly payrise, there IS cosmic balance. There has to be.
We might be paid shitty, but we get little perks. We meet lots of lovely people. We get to leave work at a decent hour on most days. Our work involves lots of creativity which we thrive on. *cough* We get to win laptops and sent on all-expense paid overseas trips *cough*. If calculated, these little perks amount to the same as someone who is paid extraordinary well, so there's really no need to begrudge anyone, anything. We get what we're due, one way or another.
And I say Amen to that.

:

Anonymous lc said...

Derek told me as he was leaving on Sat about the Tassie trip, awesome! I hope it works out, Hobart is beautiful and I still want to see Launceston too (Cradle Mountain specifically).

It is Queenstown without the mountains... despite the Tasmania-jokes, it's actually very nice seafood and beautiful scenery. :)

8:23 AM, April 20, 2010  
Blogger Keem said...

What Tassie jokes?

Yeahh they're bringing us to lotsa places to eat and taste, I'm bringing my camera so willl show you! :)

Hopefully I get to come down to Sydney lah. I miss Sydney!!

6:26 PM, April 20, 2010  
Blogger Michelle Tan said...

KIm.. I am jelezzzz of euw! :P

6:46 PM, April 20, 2010  
Blogger Keem said...

:)

Just a matter of being happy where you are babe, I wasn't before but now I am!

10:22 PM, April 20, 2010  
Anonymous lc said...

Tazzie jokes = inbreds. hahaha

Definitely camera worthy location. :)

hope u get to come to syd too!!

6:03 PM, April 21, 2010  
Blogger Keem said...

I AM I AM!!!

Inbreds? As in... no...

12:12 AM, April 22, 2010  
Anonymous lc said...

AWESOME about Sydney!! When when??

re: inbreds...haha it's just an Aussie joke about Tasmanians. :D

7:45 AM, April 22, 2010  
Blogger Keem said...

LC.. I THINK I'm flying in on the night of the 5th,so will be there Thursday morning.

Do you wanna meet up Thurs night (6th) for dinner at Hurricane's? Can go earlier, eat then if we've still got space, can hop over to Lindt to wash everything down. Wanna avoid the weekend (Fri-Sun) crowd. Bring your sis!

9:21 AM, April 24, 2010  
Blogger Keem said...

LC.. anything you want me to get for you from over here? shoes? can all troll some of our blogshops and see if there is anything you want. :)

9:47 AM, April 24, 2010  
Anonymous lc said...

6th is good for dinner. My sis works out past Strathfield now (suburbs) so I think we can meet at 6.30pm if you want at Hurricanes and she'll meet us there. I can order for her beforehand anyways. Let me know when you're 100% and I can book. :) Wow..excited for you re: your trip!!

Lindt sounds good, they do passable macaroons there too..not as good as Adriano but their choc filling is divine!!

What blogshops do you normally frequent? :D

10:36 AM, April 24, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home