Keem Standard Time (As opposed to GMT)
Time-keeping is a non-Malaysian practice.
I believe that when babies are born, after the initial butt-slapping procedure and they dissapear into a strange room, doctors and nurses repeat this to them:
"You are 30 minutes late."
And so, all Malaysian babies grow up to be always 30 minutes late.
Some take it even further, like my would've been employer who showed up 1 1/2 hour late.
Then there was my recent appointment with a certain telecommunication company's manager, whom I waited for half an hour - and then I stomped off.
And my bosses' idea of being punctual would be leaving promptly at the hour when the meeting etc is supposed to take place (hence being 20 minutes late because of traffic).
And so, I have taken matters into my own hands.
When you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself!
So, I changed the time of my office clock. It is now 15 minutes faster.
Benefits: Finish work earlier, leave for appointments on time, and inner giggle every time I walk past the clock.
I feel absolutely DEVILISH.
I believe that when babies are born, after the initial butt-slapping procedure and they dissapear into a strange room, doctors and nurses repeat this to them:
"You are 30 minutes late."
And so, all Malaysian babies grow up to be always 30 minutes late.
Some take it even further, like my would've been employer who showed up 1 1/2 hour late.
Then there was my recent appointment with a certain telecommunication company's manager, whom I waited for half an hour - and then I stomped off.
And my bosses' idea of being punctual would be leaving promptly at the hour when the meeting etc is supposed to take place (hence being 20 minutes late because of traffic).
And so, I have taken matters into my own hands.
When you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself!
So, I changed the time of my office clock. It is now 15 minutes faster.
Benefits: Finish work earlier, leave for appointments on time, and inner giggle every time I walk past the clock.
I feel absolutely DEVILISH.
:
omfgggggggggggggggg
that is GOLD.
poetry in motion.
*bows* we're NOT worthy. we're NOT worthy.
i'd love to try that - unfortunately, as the broadcasts run every 15-20 mins, people are going to get suss if i do that!
what to do. the perks of working in a non-media company.
*smug*. not.
haha that's a great idea actually, coz it not only makes ppl punctual for appointments but somehow more 'agitated'?
keep it going...i hate it when ppl r late as well! :)
I'ma gonna tell your boss!! =P
"Boss!!! Kim change the time!! You see, you see!!" (in a primary school kid intonation)
wow...
y not 30mins? i like 30 mins...im always 30mins..
justina.. are u asking me to do it again!?
spence.. =PP i know where u live.
kny.. 30 a bit too much lah. scared. hehe.
magd.. ooo. what happened next?
ermm...not really do it again, but do it when ppl get too late! hahah :p
How naughty of you!
But then again, sometimes we have to be bad to be good, hmm?
Carson
justina.. then i reckon that's doing it for eternity =/
carson.. so i reckon u're gonna do it to ur office clock too? but wearing purple and orange is already so much rebellion. are u sure ur bosses can take it? =)
Quite unnecessary, my dear. Over here, at least, people are quite, quite punctual. Except when they're not, of course.
Carson
Carson.. I rather think calling you the Mad Hatter would be more befitting now, somehow. Hm. Wonder why eh?
hahaha its the first! how come no one realise the change of time.
mmm ive got a big prob with people who are not punctual!
chrissieeeeeeeeeeeee
lol. good one! you know, my dad does that to the clock at home cos my mum is ALWAYS late in getting ready. so it's done to frighten her into hurrying.
hmm i should consider doing that in my gf's place haha.
I haven't the foggiest. After all, I don't even like tea...
Carson
chrissie.. yah. me too. worst thing was tht i'm FORCED to be late (cause boss drive mar).
jeng jeng. bf wait for gf - it's all just man. builds character etc =)
carson.. u won't believe this, but i had a nightmarish nightmare about alice in wonderland last night, and the mad hatter was forcing tea upon me. i would've liked it (tea addict) but it was Earl Grey and i absolutely find it appaling - tastes like dettol. bluerk.
Post a Comment
<< Home