God does not love hypocrites.
-------------------------------
While I was home, mom told me that our dog, Scooby (creative, aren't we?) had not eaten much for the past week except for tiny pieces of meat.
And so I went to have a look and noticed he could not run.
The following day, he could not walk.
And the day after, he could not stand.
The vet gave a week's worth of medication and insisted we give Scooby at least a week's time to try to recover, failing which, we could let him 'go to sleep'.
Two days after I left Kuching (two days after the vet visit), my sister called to tell me that my family had called city council who came to our house, dragged Scooby into a cage, locked him up and took him away in a van - with him yelping for us all the while.
This is no way for a dog to go.
At least this beats the time my parents took my previous dog of more than 10 years, and without my knowledge, chucked her at some marketplace because she was getting old and senile and too inconvenient to care for.
"I guess I should leave you guys somewhere too when you get like that."
I love them but how am I supposed to grow up to be a decent human being when they are so apathetic, I don't know.
Screw church and philosophy, all the donations, hail marys and reasoning don't make you a better person.

:
I guess parents will be parents.
Your future dog will have good human parents.
Does Kuching only have one vet?
Really not much choice for us when we have difficulty getting a second opinion.
I think there are a few. This one was from Tabuan, near King Centre.
oh god. that is so painful to read, and i can't imagine what you're feeling right now - torn between parental respect and your feelings. i'm in no position to say this but there had to be a better way for your parents to deal with this. that just wasn't right.
no it wasn't. i went from anger to denial after fluffy though.
scooby i'm just a bit numbed.
told them tht they shouldnt keep pets from now on.
Post a Comment
<< Home