<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The importance of being not contented

I'm happy with my job, really I am.

But I don't know why, when someone asks, I tell them I'm not and I want to switch.

I envy those who are doing the 'something else' that I thought I might do someday:
> copywriter for super ad firm,
> photo-journalist that takes amazing pictures worthy of National Geographic
> or simply a journo that's paid a lot (money is a kind of ambition too okay)

But I believe that with time, these things can be achieved (as long as I live long enough).

So even though sometimes I feel small, like a journo who works for the smallest English daily (and it's free too) in Malaysia kind of small, I am happy.

Although sometimes the work feels a bit insignificant.

But what is right? In the bigger picture (of the cosmos), nothing we do will matter in the end.

It is the people you share it with, the difference you make for that one day that matters now.

So, instead of whining about how I could do more, do better, go further, be richer, I'm going to just enjoy being here.

As for being more, getting more, it'll come when it comes.



(I'm prolly just kidding myself and will prolly go on some type of a hunt to get what I want soon enough.)


:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl, you do not want to be a copywriter la. if you think writing advertorials all day is enough to poke your eye out, imagine it doing it full-blown, on the out man!!!

also, are you going to the royal selangor event in malacca???

5:45 PM, March 19, 2008  
Blogger Keem said...

haha i admit i am a teeeensy bit disillusioned about the work, but it seems so much better than politics which makes me wanna gag right now.

i wish i didnt know any of it! MIB, flash me!

not sure if the royal selangor event would be for my desk (news/business) but i'll check :)

i gather you're going??

11:49 PM, March 19, 2008  
Blogger Justina said...

Hey.....wanna trade places? I'm like soo soo sick of copywriting and stupid clients! :p

10:06 AM, April 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home