<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I bought a DLSR

and I like it!!

I've wanted one for so long I can't even remember when it was that I first wanted it. There has always been some reason to put it off and not buy it, and I've surveyed and researched the prices and the ranges over and over and over and over and... you get the idea. 

So we saw a deal on Harvey Norman's website for a Nikon D40 single lens kit that was $537, and after thinking about what Merv said about Nikon raising their prices soon, I went down to their store in Martin's Place after work to have a look.

When we got there, found out that it was $498. How can I not get it right?

So I did, and I've been fiddling with it most of the evening (except for the couple of hours when I accidentally took a nap) but a bit too tired to learn it properly -- can't wait til my day off on Friday!

Test shots which aren't great cause I don't know what to do with what (tips, tricks and suggestions are very much welcomed):


This looks like a normal P&S camera shot doesn't it?

I harassed the dog most of the evening, she was quite puzzled as to what the big black thingy was and wondering if I would throw it for her to fetch.

Awwwwwwww...


P/S Thanks so much Merv and LC for bearing with me through this tennis match of a decision making period :) 

Note: My boyfriend say wor, why I never thank him publicly wor. So like this loh..



THANK YOU BOYFRIEND.


Another Note: The boyfriend also wants me to clarify to the public that he did not buy the camera for me. Why this is important, I don't know.

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want the dog.

11:20 AM, February 05, 2009  
Blogger Keem said...

ok. i mail express to you.

9:45 PM, February 06, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pic of dog, 2nd one - awesome! Great shot of his eyes, me likey!!

7:50 PM, February 08, 2009  
Blogger Keem said...

so you'll let her sit on your lap the next time you come? hehe.

10:57 AM, February 09, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

err. no.
hahahahahha

i am not an animal person, coworker friend said he can tell. methinks i was insulted. haha

4:34 PM, February 09, 2009  
Blogger Keem said...

hahahahahha. what about LOOKING at animals? do you like them at all?

7:17 AM, February 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home