To sleep, per chance to dream.
My laptop died.
Halfway through using it a couple of days ago, it just stopped charging.
Figuring it was a problem with the adapter, I went shopping for one but found that it would cost me over $100 to get an Acer one. So I borrowed a friend's Acer laptop charger, which is the same as mine, to make sure it is an adapter problem.
It is not. His adapter didn't revive my laptop either.
Have contacted Acer's customer support and they've suggested doing some magical rebooting thing (Moobs says it's rebooting the CMOS, I have no idea what that is) which I've done, but it's still not working.
Am going to do it a couple of times more just in case.
HOW LAH. I'm a poor, struggling student damnit!
Plus all my shit is trapped inside the laptop and I can't get them out.
+ angst
- happiness
:(
P/S Could someone please tell me what's up with Pandora jewellery and why a freaking charm costs $130 bucks?
:
do u know how to get your data off your machine?
Everyone has a Pandora bracelet these days... please tell me you don't...
My old Acer also threatened to die on me when I was in brissie.....thank goodness it only died when i was done with uni - just in time! Since then i've been boycotting the brand....but tats just me, i guess.
Try to recover your data first...then transfer to an external storage or smth. Good luck!
LC.. i reckon i have to bring it down to a shop and they'll do data retrieval for me? Am waiting for a reply from the Acer service centre to see if there's a way to save the laptop. No idea what's wrong with it still. Am really hoping I can save it from absolute death and use it for another year until uni is over. A lot of my hardware not very Mac compatible so Derek's laptop not too good a fallback option :/
Sexbomb.. no i don't but I like glass beads and theirs are quite nice, just not $100 nice :P But WHY is it so popular? One of those thing trend followers buy?
Justina.. I've always used desktop pcs and they're easier to fix. This is my first laptop :S
does it cost for them to do data retrival off your machine?
i don't know why they are so popular but even my ex-boss bought one for his wife for christmas. Just the silver bracelet without charms is already NZ$90...seriously!! I can think of better things to do with that money.... have to give it to them with some nice charms though.
Post a Comment
<< Home