<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I have a new watch!

And it's pretty!

And free (work benefit)!

Retails at AUD$199

It's an analog bangle watch, stainless steel on the inside and leather on the outside.

Wanted a pure leather one and had a few in mind but my wrist started swelling up with rashes after trying on two :P

Now I know they're hardly the best watchmakers in town (the movement on this one is made in Japan), but I love Fossil watches.

The first watch I bought with my measly journo paycheck was also Fossil watch.



The butterflies blink on and off on this one. Still makes me happy when I look at it :)


And while my watches are far from being art pieces or winning accolades for their design or workmanship, they are, what I think, represents me.

I'm a fairly simple girl, with fairly simple needs.

I don't crave brands, I don't own a lot of things.

Most of the jewellery I own, Moobs bought for me over anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas and 'just because' days.

I don't wear make-up (except for the occasional concealer to cover up zits) or perfume except for a chocolate scented spray from The Body Shop (I've received plenty as gifts but I give them to my mom).

As of now, I own five pairs of shoes - two sneakers, a pair of runners, a pair of sandals and a pair of red Mary Jane pumps that I never wear.

My mom has more clothes than me.

During my first (and last) pampering session just a few months ago, I was horrified that I had to take off ALL my clothes for my massage.

Writers are supposed to be progressive people; people who've experienced everything, been everywhere, and know that you have to take off your underwear for a massage.

Is it wrong to not want these things? I feel like such a village girl with my contentment sometimes.

Damn my Chinese upbringing.

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha better not show the bf this post...or he'll start nagging at my shoe collection and my fetish for monthly pedicures again! Well, can't help it...i just love shoes, clothes and bags too much...:p

Congrats on the job!! How r u finding it so far?

6:11 PM, October 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE WATCH!!! - my eyes are turning green... :p

11:11 AM, October 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to the one with the 2 3 4 markings?! lol

8:15 PM, October 09, 2008  
Blogger Keem said...

justina.. i could help lighten your load, just give me some of your stuff :) I'm a size 5 or 5 1/2 for shoes. Hehe.

job's alright, lots of standing around and being nice to people. quite a change from being a snarky journalist actually.

sexbomb.. anything from the brand that you like? check out the american site fossil.com, they update the products there. change the battery on your current one lah you lazy cow. otherwise, give it to me :) (i'm such a whore for other people's stuff)

sokrenk.. the whole thing was leather and i got rashed a couple mins after wearing it :P no worries, i'm using it as a conversation piece now with my colleagues and customers :) it's gonna be legen... - wait for it -
.
.
dary. :D

6:26 AM, October 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha exactly how I felt when I was waitressing last time....by the end of the day, I'm actually tired from the non-stop smiling.

Ohh...I've got big feet! I'm a size 6-6.5! :p

3:49 PM, October 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm there were a couple that caught my eye but no shopping for me for next few months :( too poor :(

hahahaha yea will get the batt changed at some stage...when i'm bored with my current watch again. lol.

4:44 AM, October 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home