<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Looking down when I walk

Gets me home faster.

I find that if I stare at the pavement and play games with it (i.e. only two steps allowed within each cement slab), the walk isn't 15 minutes.

Same thing happens when I walk to uni, but instead of pavement games it's Hamish and Andy on the radio. But there's a risk of looking retarded when I listen to them on my 30 minute walk to uni.

If you drive down Cleveland St going towards City Road, and see a stumpy Asian girl, with messy hair, a bright fuschia scarf, grinning at the pavement -- that's me.

-----------------

Going in for the gold, this is our flatmate's
cat Turtle doing a tuck and dive.

------------------


I didn't feel like an idiot today in my political journalism class.

We read everyone's political commentaries, mine was about Anwar (what else could there be?!) and I received some criticism on mine in terms of certain choice of words, but they loved it.

And that is important to me.

For once, I didn't feel like a such a f.o.b (fresh of the boat) alien who looked like she was from China but is actually Malaysian but you can't call her Malay, because that's not what she is.

At least for today, it didn't read 'oh poor thing, she's fumbling up her English words' in their eyes.

Most prolly cause I didn't though.

Haha.

True story :)




:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great! You have to let me read some of your stuff too okay!! :)

I noticed I look at the pavement too but I think it's an inner fear of falling over because I'm so clumsy...I dont know why I do it though. haha Klutz at heart! - LC

8:10 PM, September 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True Story!

You just cant stop being... oh wait for it... Awesome!

10:21 AM, September 04, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lc.. would love to show you! the one i've done so far is terribly political though, and based on msian politics. not sure if you're interested?

sis.. eh? this a line from how i met your mother?

btw, derk's sis MIGHT call to get the game and earphones from you so that his mom can mail it. otherwise you mail when you get back to kuching lah ya.

6:16 PM, September 04, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sister. derks sis owe me picture for dono how many million years oredi. im sad. so i think by the time she calls me. u guys oredi got the game n earphones. -_-"

and yea. got that line from barney swarley. :D basking in his awesomeness and being awesome.

10:18 PM, September 04, 2008  
Blogger Keem said...

aiyo so kesian. i ask derk to remind her whn his family calls la - which is every day.

10:30 AM, September 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was told, I am politically-clueless so yeah let me read it, I might learn something. I feel embarassed at how socially-clueless I am but how am I meant to know this stuff if I don't watch any TV, read any papers and don't listen to the radio. i've forced myself to read online newspaper each day for a lil bit during lunch...so educate me! :D

I am so tired, I feel like a horrible friend who want to stay home and do nothing than go to a friend's bday dinner tomorrow....horrible horrible friend, so i will drag myself there... *sigh* Hows the uni work going?

2:00 PM, September 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home