A made up friend called faith
SuperJesus! We saw a series of Jesus sculptures, this being one of them,
at Darling Harbour during World Youth Day.
Below is the description for the sculpture.

I am my father's daughter, and I believe that there is absolutely nothing I cannot solve as long as I put my mind to it.
That was before I came to Sydney.
What I have learnt here so far about perseverance:
- that people won't hire you for a stupid part-time job even though you've got years of professional, but unrelated, work experience
- that I am slow in the brain and no amount of reading can help me catch up in class
- that there are a lot of academic snobs and I would like pour acid on their smug faces. Ops, sorry. That has nothing to do with perseverance
Maybe I'm as small town as I think I am, and this going to uni to prove that I am not a small town girl business has just proven otherwise.
This is one of the rare times when I really hope I am wrong.
God, where is all that wisdom I prayed for all those years ago? It'd really come in handy right now.
P/S Just read my earlier blog posts from three years ago. DAMN was I an emo bitch. Prolly going to read back on this three years from now and say the same thing about these posts too. Whiny whiny whiny boo hoo. :P
:
Try to stay positive, everything always seems daunting at first for uni, just takes time to absorb the information and who is being an Academic snob, are they in your course? Boo on them!!! There are always snobs everywhere...just ignore them.
I hope you have better luck with your job hunting, anything I can do to help - just ask ok!! Let me know if you need help!
Let me know when you guys are relatively free with your uni work to come out to lunch with me ok. I'm planning to not do much this month so i should be freeee!!
The weather is improving, can you tell? haha It's getting warmer I find.
Anyhow x. and see ya soon!
helloooo youuuu.
yes, yes, will call you one of these days. need to leech naruto off you :) am also hoping for some scones? absolute yum!
i've not dealt with a lot of snobs in my life, so it's a bit of a culture shock, haha. there are some white australian supremacists out there, sad to say. but i know it's not true of all australians because there's lovely ppl like you and al and my rellies. have got a few decent classmates too who've been really nice.
but i really wanna pour acid on those few's faces. ugh!
oh maybe because your course is small so the haters are more obvious. My course was like hundreds of ppl, so could not tell who was smart or dumb. Most ppl thought I was some slacker who always hanged out in the cafeteria, but that's because I'm night person so I study (ok I lie..i CRAM when I hve to at night). haha
I just downloaded How I met Your mother first season too!!! :D
Should have lots of goodies by time you visit, and scones are so easy, I am sure I can provide that too! haha I'm craving sweet cake too!!!
i've got all the seasons of how i met your mother if you want :)
yeah you're prolly right about the classes being smaller hence assholes look bigger.
ah well.
hope we get to hang out soon :S i need a social life!
haha WHEN and IF i get my lazy self together...one year older and STILL procrastinating, u can come over and we can study, I read my finance text book and u...do ur assignments, make me feel all young again. haha
yuhhuh. 'study groups' that end up in gossip? i'm a proper nerd though, so none of that!
well, minimal, at least.
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home