Whinging works
Apparently.
Got a call while I was still in bed this morning from Foxtel about a sales representative job I applied for yesterday afternoon.
Have set an appointment to do an interview with them this Friday in Burwood, and because I am poor, spent most of the morning looking up Sydney's train and bus site to find the cheapest way to get there.
By train 15 minutes, by bus an hour. Train it is.
Then spent another hour or so reading sales rep interview tips.
Now I have been to a total of... four? interviews my entire life, and have aced all of them. But doing sales is something I'm horribly ill-equipped for.
I hate sales reps (vultures, all of them!), and I don't see why they don't hate me (fussy customer).
But anyhow, must think up appropriate lies to tell when asked if I am good at dealing with people as I am quite impatient most of the time. Maybe I can tell them that I want to learn that in the 'why have you applied?' bit.
Also, must remember not to be too friendly and start telling crude jokes or say something rude, like how I told my IELTS examiner that I didn't give a rat's ass about something - to which he giggled. Thank goodness for British humour.
Must sort out what to wear, but since I don't have a lot of clothes with me - 20kg didn't allow me to bring much, and I can't afford to go shopping yet, I guess that wouldn't take too long.
Poverty is such a drag. But here's hoping to getting the job (and that it's in the CBD and not in Burwood).
Keep your toes crossed for me kiddos.
(Looked for a picture of crossed toes in google images to put here but they were all disgusting. Mission abandoned.)
Got a call while I was still in bed this morning from Foxtel about a sales representative job I applied for yesterday afternoon.
Have set an appointment to do an interview with them this Friday in Burwood, and because I am poor, spent most of the morning looking up Sydney's train and bus site to find the cheapest way to get there.
By train 15 minutes, by bus an hour. Train it is.
Then spent another hour or so reading sales rep interview tips.
Now I have been to a total of... four? interviews my entire life, and have aced all of them. But doing sales is something I'm horribly ill-equipped for.
I hate sales reps (vultures, all of them!), and I don't see why they don't hate me (fussy customer).
But anyhow, must think up appropriate lies to tell when asked if I am good at dealing with people as I am quite impatient most of the time. Maybe I can tell them that I want to learn that in the 'why have you applied?' bit.
Also, must remember not to be too friendly and start telling crude jokes or say something rude, like how I told my IELTS examiner that I didn't give a rat's ass about something - to which he giggled. Thank goodness for British humour.
Must sort out what to wear, but since I don't have a lot of clothes with me - 20kg didn't allow me to bring much, and I can't afford to go shopping yet, I guess that wouldn't take too long.
Poverty is such a drag. But here's hoping to getting the job (and that it's in the CBD and not in Burwood).
Keep your toes crossed for me kiddos.
(Looked for a picture of crossed toes in google images to put here but they were all disgusting. Mission abandoned.)
:
Post a Comment
<< Home