<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, August 29, 2008

Job snob

Went for the interview today, what a disappointment.

They're not looking for outlet sales reps, or over the phone sales reps, but door-to-door sales reps.

As in, "Hello mam, how are you, would you be interested in - *door slammed in face*"

I thought to myself, as I sat there in that group interview and the guy was showing us slides about how much we could earn if we managed to sell (a bit MLM if you asked me), would I be a snob if I turned this one down?

Beggars can't be choosers right? I shouldn't be picky about jobs when I'm so poor I think a KFC meal (which costs 10AUD here, but only RM10 for the same in Malaysia) is a bit of a luxury. Seriously.

So instead doing what I really wanted to do: get up from my chair, walk over to him, shake his hand and say "Thank you, but this is not for me", I answered the "why did you apply for this job" question with a lie:

"Because I love dealing with people and would love to learn how to do it properly."

Two loves in one sentence is way too many, if you asked me.

He probably knew it too, because I didn't get a callback.

Thank goodness for that.

:

Post a Comment

<< Home