Two job interviews
in a week.
I'm outdoing myself. This is as good as it gets.
I hope not.
Went for an interview with Fossil (yes! the watches/ accessories store) and I hope hope hope pray pray pray that I get it but the nice lady there said she'll have to talk to her manager who'll call me back in the next few days for a second interview. Maybe.
And just before I went off for that one, EB Games (Electronic Boutique, sells video games, consoles etc) called and they want me in this Friday morning for a group interview.
Which is why I spent THREE hours playing Bioshock last night -- because I told them I did over the phone when they asked me about my gaming experience.
Well, I have played. Just that Moob's hands were on the controller and I was controlling them with my mind. Hehe.
But I truly love the dystopian (a word I learnt yesterday!) story though, although for the first two hours I was pretty ready to pee in my pants everytime I heard a crazy person in the room or got ghostly flashes. *shudders*
The ala 1950s setting, gorgeous set design with Sinatra songs playing in the background, such a stark juxtaposition to the eerie, bloodied atmosphere (corpses lying everywhere, crazy people lurching at you with knives every half minute).
If this game was a book, I would read it. Nuff said.
Anyhow, here's hoping to getting one of the jobs. I don't care which one, I just need to do something or else I'm gonna go mad with all the "they don't know what they're missing", "you're talented and you will get a job soon" pep talks in my head.
As if there wasn't enough rubbish going on in there :P
I'm outdoing myself. This is as good as it gets.
I hope not.
Went for an interview with Fossil (yes! the watches/ accessories store) and I hope hope hope pray pray pray that I get it but the nice lady there said she'll have to talk to her manager who'll call me back in the next few days for a second interview. Maybe.
And just before I went off for that one, EB Games (Electronic Boutique, sells video games, consoles etc) called and they want me in this Friday morning for a group interview.
Which is why I spent THREE hours playing Bioshock last night -- because I told them I did over the phone when they asked me about my gaming experience.
Well, I have played. Just that Moob's hands were on the controller and I was controlling them with my mind. Hehe.
But I truly love the dystopian (a word I learnt yesterday!) story though, although for the first two hours I was pretty ready to pee in my pants everytime I heard a crazy person in the room or got ghostly flashes. *shudders*
The ala 1950s setting, gorgeous set design with Sinatra songs playing in the background, such a stark juxtaposition to the eerie, bloodied atmosphere (corpses lying everywhere, crazy people lurching at you with knives every half minute).
If this game was a book, I would read it. Nuff said.
Anyhow, here's hoping to getting one of the jobs. I don't care which one, I just need to do something or else I'm gonna go mad with all the "they don't know what they're missing", "you're talented and you will get a job soon" pep talks in my head.
As if there wasn't enough rubbish going on in there :P
--------------------
I know I've been whining a lot, but this doesn't mean that I don't like being here (although good kuih and asam laksa maggi mee is impossible to find).
There are so many quirky little things happening everywhere, all the time. Just need to concentrate on not concentrating on your feet (referring to the playing pavement games blog post) and you'll see them naturally.
Here's one of my favourite "stumbles" when I was out job hunting/ grocery shopping.



There are so many quirky little things happening everywhere, all the time. Just need to concentrate on not concentrating on your feet (referring to the playing pavement games blog post) and you'll see them naturally.
Here's one of my favourite "stumbles" when I was out job hunting/ grocery shopping.




:
Post a Comment
<< Home