<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, September 15, 2008

Turned down.

EB just called, I didn't get the job.

Needless to say, I am not very fond of Australia at this very moment.

------------


Illegitimis non carborundum (no, nothing to do with carbonara) -- don't let the bastards grind you down.

I read the posts I've written since stepping foot in Sydney, and it seems to be a downward spiral that is dead set on contradicting the laws of physics (what goes up must come down and vice versa).

I keep on self-pepping (is this a word?) myself, "come on, it can't possibly get any worst", but it does.

Life feeds me a little hope and lets me think I've got a chance, and then follows it up with an astoundingly polite "I'm sorry but your application has been unsuccessful. We thank you for taking time out for coming for the interview."

I can't even tell myself that I'm better off without it because the people there are so goddamn nice.

I wonder what this studying abroad experience is going to turn me into.

Will I be a suicidal nut job with lipstick on her face and weed in her hair at the end of it all?


:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, I sometimes think it's a test of faith. Like even when it feels like bottom, you need to keep believing that it will get better. Like once it hits the ground, it has to go up... Just hang in there *hugz*

6:39 PM, September 16, 2008  
Blogger Keem said...

Haha.. have to wonder when these 'tests' end though.

Have another interview tomorrow. I guess I should be thankful that I get those at least.

Some people don't even get callbacks.

(See, I'm thinking positive :)

Btw, where's your office again? On Pitt St itself or nearby?

9:43 AM, September 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home