<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, September 12, 2008

This is me, being tragic.

A 'Big Issue' man outside Queen Victoria's Building, Aug 23, 2008.

-------------------


I'm feeling quite alone here.

Asides from the occasional class discussion and required pleasantries, I don't really talk to people anymore. Not for the lack of trying either.

I don't know what their plans are this weekend, if they read (Facebook does NOT count), or if they're a coffee or tea person.

If not for Moobs and Merv, Em and some others on MSN, I think I might go dotty quite soon.

This reminds me of my early days in primary school when no one wanted to talk or play with me for years. Those were the worst years of my life (At 26 years old this year, I believe I've 'lived' quite substantially to do the whole 'my life' thing).

I don't understand why it happened then, and I most certainly don't now.

Have I done something wrong?

-------------------------

Edit:

I spent most of the night crying because a classmate reacted badly to a comment I put on a class blog (this prompted the whining up there).

It's silly, I know. What does one person matter right? I know that it is impossible to please everyone, or have everyone agree with you.

It got to me because I've been trying really hard to just get along with people, and that hasn't really worked out, and this negative comment was just another slap in the face to show that I don't fit in. I'm a social outcast and I don't even have leprosy.

Look at me, 26 and succumbing to peer pressure.

If I wasn't involved in this kafuffle, this would be a very laughable situation indeed.

Hah.

On the bright side, just got back from a job interview and I think it went well (downed a can of energy drink which tasted like liquid panadol just so I could look bright eyed - had like three hours sleep only).

Fingers, toes and legs crossed I'll get a call on Monday.


:

Blogger FishBalls said...

Sanity is overrated anyway, love. The cleverest people often had their undies on their heads on a regular basis. Look at Einstein. It takes a special kind of genius to look oneself in the mirror every morning and say "Yup, that is an acceptable hair cut," and go traipsing out the door to face the world with what looks like a head in the process of exploding.

4:32 AM, September 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home