10 days down, a lot more to go
On the phone with a hardcore journo friend:
Lu*: A bit busy at the moment lah.
Me : What story you doing?
Lu: Interview this minister about sugar.
Me: Oh, what about it?
Lu: You know they've removed the subsidy for sugar right?
Me: Oh... yea? Didn't read the news.
Lu: Aiyah you, magazine girl already.
-------------------
So far, I have found out that:
- air-conditioning is turned off at 6pm on weekdays
- if you're working on a weekend or a public holiday and the aircond is on, you get fined 50 bucks
- you get fined for using the fire escape staircase to get about
- they spy on your computer use
- stuff, including pens, are nicked
- if stuff is stolen, including loan items, you pay for it out of your own pocket (even if you've locked it up somewhere but the locks they supplied aren't secure hence easy to break)
When I type too fast, as is common with hard news trained girls who have daily deadlines to meet, my computer hangs.
Also, one of the girls here don't eat because she wants to fit into jeans that she wore when she was younger. If you know how much I enjoy my food, you can imagine how aghast I was to find out about this.
But it's not all bad, my editor is very nice. I've got lots of new stationery. There are some interesting looking people who look like they might be fun to hang out with once (if) they warm up to me.
New things to pick up: photoshoots, studios, loans and oiling hot male models.
:
Post a Comment
<< Home