<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Faith On Tuesday

Waking up crying from a nightmare is possibly the worst start to a day; especially when you've got an interview in a couple of hours and you just can't find it in you to be perky.


The call-back interview took only half an hour and by the time I was out - I was glowing like a pregnant woman, or for lack of a better description, coyly grinning like the Mona Lisa.

As of next Monday, I'm starting work as the Marketing Executive for a business education institution that caters professional accounting courses. The pay's not great (better than that darn newspaper's though) but that's inconsequential - I'm being paid to learn and I gather that's a pretty good bargain considering I know nuts about marketing.

Plus, they're letting me take a week's leave to go for my convocation in August. Whooohoo.

-------------

I've been doing mental victory jiggies throughout the day. Am deliriously happy with how things have turned out. How things that I did not expect, came my way anyway.

A few posts ago, Alli made this comment:

"Put God first ... seek first what he wants and ALL these things - all the extras and hidden add-ons will be given to you. "

I don't know if you realized the impact these words had on me babe. For every doubt that I had during the entire week, I reflected upon your words and mental forced myself to have faith.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. - Hebrews 11:1

I'm currently in battle mode and I know that I can conquer all - whatever it may be.

Thank you for your book Kenie.


:

Blogger Kenny said...

/wink

6:32 PM, July 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! Yay you got a job..now, back to the retail you'll be doing. Do try to fill me on what you spot out there [it's been so long for me]...so I can live vicariously through your retail experiences....and hopefully, *sniff* one day I can join you.

I'm so depressing but YAY am super happy for you!! No more crappy newspaper job!! And if you EVER decide to go back...I will eat my words for you. hehe

8:40 PM, July 05, 2005  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

this post moved me and inspires me. congrats on the job mate!

1:05 AM, July 06, 2005  
Blogger CreativeBitchin said...

knychai sux. blah. grr.

1:49 AM, July 06, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

kny.. *pinch*

lc.. rather than your eating your words, you're gonna have to buy me choccies and i will eat those. lol. there's no joy in your eating for me ;)

btw.. am psyched about ur europe tour! poo poo. i want a brit bloke!

merv.. ah good, you owe me a drink when i get to sg. if anything comes out of the faith, u owe me a meal. my commision mah!

chienne.. eh u kaco him summore i'm afraid it'll only be the both of us goin back to 5small.

10:27 AM, July 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeahhhhh babehhhhhh!

i said that? phwar ... Rom's School for the Sifu ... advance to level two. hahaha.

*jigs*

12:10 PM, July 06, 2005  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

haha u come down sg first then tok. i'll buy u a nice dinner for a good post lolz.

3:06 PM, July 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeaye congrats on the job babe.. will use alli's comment to keep me going too =)


chrissieeeee

3:28 PM, July 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kim gets her paycheck somewhere in august, dun forget, coz she's buying us all dinner :)

btw, i have this phobia against leaving comments on other blog sites, why did u have to leave xanga? *sniff* :(

3:32 PM, July 06, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

alli..and all this while i thought you were the grand master, the DAI SIFU. heh.

merv.. i will be coming! in due time =) make sure u remember this eh. EH..sign contract or something.

chris.. and not to forget the little train tht thought he could .. i know i can i know i can ;)

crispy.. ur 'safe place' is mere illusion lah..xanga's not safe at all! i reckon blogspot's better really, harder to track somehow.

10:35 PM, July 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you will only get the chocolate should u go back to the newspaper job...*pulling u back...* NOOOO.. hehe

hmm..u want a Brit guy, ask Finn..he might know of some *wink*. hehe

Was researching my trip and realised they take me to a ex-CONCENTRATION CAMP in Germany, I'm so traumatised...I think I will skip that part. I couldnt even bear to click on the website link...especially when they said not for the sensitive (referring to the gas....u know..*shudders*)

That's a bit of a damper...

10:49 AM, July 07, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

who's Finn?

oh darned. no chocs for me then.

10:55 AM, July 07, 2005  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

I, Merv Kwok, agree to take Kim/Keem/Kimick to a nice dinner at somewhere nice/fancy/not kopitiam when she comes down to Singapore. However, I shall only agree to this assuming Kim eats less than a 100 bucks worth of food.

[Append digital signature]
MervKwok

11:08 AM, July 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg this is freaky. right after i read your entry and clicked on comments, the first thing that i wanted to say was ... yeaahh babeehhh. is that freaky or is that freaaaky?(!) hahaha. Yay for Kim!! marketing sounds like fun. you go get em you tigress you!

5:28 PM, July 07, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

I, Kimberley Lau Lee Hung, solemnly swear on my Lassie's unmarked grave that I will not (and am not capable of) eat more than 100 bucks (American Dollars?) when I dine with Merv Kwok.

(But can I bring Mich too? I swear both of us won't cost more than 100. Hehe)

xx (^OO^) xx
Kim.

7:51 PM, July 07, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

Rom...i think work in your office has severely damaged your social life, resulting in your amazement with cutesy coincidences =)

AND OI. if you don't look me up before you go back, I WILL come to TIGRESSS you.

*RowR*

^_^

7:53 PM, July 07, 2005  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

Mich rarely cost me more than 10 bucks when eating out. Yami Yogurt pleases her. haha

100 sing dollars unfortunately! lolz

11:19 AM, July 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay congratz kimm!! *group jigs* low pay is better than no pay. lol yes i WAS in the KL finnegans..were you in town?!

6:49 PM, July 08, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

merv..hm. then i shall strive to spend no more than 10bucks too..no idea wad Yami Yogurt is though. sounds like some china yoghurt.

lily..*jigs* ahhaah no wasn't in kl..will be going beginning of Aug though. u gonna be there?

12:09 AM, July 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home