Malu
Today while on the train, Moobs and I were told off by some guy (Moobs says not guy but prat) to 'jangan berintim-intim' (stop being intimate).
We were only hugging. I swear.
I was confused (didn't understand what he was saying), then embarassed (a lot of people stared) then felt like I committed the biggest PDA (public display of affection) crime in the history of public transport.
Moobs says these self-inflicted guilt trips is inherently part of my catholic upbringing (Not true! I'm just conscientious).
I'm disappointed and hurt that as a non-muslim Chinese citizen living in this country, I don't have the right to give my boyfriend a goddamn hug. I'm even saving space so more people can stand in the train comfortably.
Next thing you know, cinemas will be gender-divided and in case you prefer it that way, movies will be shown with allllll the lights on (for the uninitiated, there are certain cinemas in certain states here that are like this already), rape victims will be shot and we'll all look like ninjas.
It sucks that we are treated like second class citizens that haven't earned their keep, although 8 out of Malaysia's top ten richest are Chinese. Indians are even more bullied than us and their man's number 2 on the list.
I hate that they've made me say 'us' and 'them'.
I hate that I panic and think "Shit" when I see cops on the road, although I've done no wrong.
I'm not sure but it might be all the rice we eat, because there is no place in the big, big world that Emilia sings of, that things like this and this should even need to be discussed.
We were only hugging. I swear.
I was confused (didn't understand what he was saying), then embarassed (a lot of people stared) then felt like I committed the biggest PDA (public display of affection) crime in the history of public transport.
Moobs says these self-inflicted guilt trips is inherently part of my catholic upbringing (Not true! I'm just conscientious).
I'm disappointed and hurt that as a non-muslim Chinese citizen living in this country, I don't have the right to give my boyfriend a goddamn hug. I'm even saving space so more people can stand in the train comfortably.
Next thing you know, cinemas will be gender-divided and in case you prefer it that way, movies will be shown with allllll the lights on (for the uninitiated, there are certain cinemas in certain states here that are like this already), rape victims will be shot and we'll all look like ninjas.
It sucks that we are treated like second class citizens that haven't earned their keep, although 8 out of Malaysia's top ten richest are Chinese. Indians are even more bullied than us and their man's number 2 on the list.
I hate that they've made me say 'us' and 'them'.
I hate that I panic and think "Shit" when I see cops on the road, although I've done no wrong.
I'm not sure but it might be all the rice we eat, because there is no place in the big, big world that Emilia sings of, that things like this and this should even need to be discussed.
:
Post a Comment
<< Home