<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, August 09, 2007

What I Really Think About...

Seeing as how I have the priviledge of trying out new phones every two weeks but have to lie about them or censor myself when I do my reviews, I will be posting, from time to time, what they're really like.

I know. I'm so geek.

----------------



Nokia N76

On the outside
First words that come to mind is PIMP PHONE. It doesn't matter which colour it's in (available in red and black), it's PIMP.

The phone's looks also seem to be duplicated from Motorola's Razr: the metallic-ness of it all as well as the slim theme.


The external display doubles as mirror which serves the purpose of, well, being a mirror. No kidding. It was actually one of the 'selling points' they used at the phone's launch. Clean freak's nightmare from hell, this phone's casing is a fingerprint magnet.

It is also too wide -- and I'm not saying this because my hands are below average size. Moobs has tried it and it's difficult for him to hold it and not risk spraining his wrist.

Also, don't get why there's barrier-like rim thing at the bottom of the keypad.

Saving grace: I like the instant play buttons and the external screen that allows you to control your music, read your smses and when you wanna take photos: it's your view finder! I was quite charmed by this.

Keypad's pretty okay too, though you've got to be able to get to it first -- you'll need both hands to pry this one open.



On the inside
Sad to say, I've not had much time to play around with it and when I wanted to, it went bonkers and is now refusing to boot up. Ah, well.

It's using the Symbian OS that Nokia smartphones are using these days. The interface is pretty pretty and pretty easy to use (but I've been a Nokia user my entire life so don't take my word for it). Comes with cool 3D snake game.

The music player is okay, but I still prefer the one on Sagem that uses a folder system where you can just check or uncheck what you want or don't want on your playlist. Nokia doesn't let you do that.



Camera's pretty good as well: 2MP with lots of choices in terms of resolution, quality and modes. Even has a self-timer and flash.

As for the contact list -- I don't know if it's just me -- but I can't find a way to copy your sim card contacts to your phone all in one shot. You've gotta do it one by one and I've got over 200 numbers on my sim.

Major experience killer.


Who should buy: People who like bling.
Who shouldn't: Hygiene freaks.

:

Blogger Royeth said...

My sister got one a few weeks ago but secretly I think she's a bit dissapointed with it. She didn't expect it to be so big for a flip phone and yeah, needing two hands to open the flip? Whats the deal with that?

I'll just stick with my N95.

6:29 AM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger Keem said...

Why's she dissapointed with it asides from the fact tht it's a bit bulky?

Need two hands to flip because it doesn't have that spring mechanism I think. Silly of them.

Motorola's much better when it comes to design ecstatics, Nokia has always been best at functionality.

9:46 AM, August 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home