<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, July 28, 2005

About Work & Toilets

It's the third week into my very first job after graduation but yet I've not said a word about it. I was worried I would jump to conclusions therefore I wanted it to sink in a bit before I dissed it too much.

Seeing that I just e-mailed my buddies in KL on my current condition, here's part of it.


----------------------------
(*corp names edited)
Am working as the Marketing Assistant for SOANDSO* Professionals, a business institution that provides ACCA courses and is collaborated with SOME* College. Job's not too bad thus far, writing lots of letters, press releases and calling up ppl to organize events etc. Been going for edu fairs two days in a row now, my babbling abilities have definately increased.

I Miss Journalism and yet I don't. It has its perks but there's something satisfying about being able to help students find their way, applying for scholarships and such considering I was such a Lost Goat when i was their age and had no one to guide me.

Plus, great colleagues, No Politics NIL. Never quite thought that was possible.

Will be doing their ads etc in the future i think, as well brochure, booklet design. Might be helping out with their newsletter too. Hope that'll teach me a little bit more about advertising - keeping fingers crossed xx.

This job's not gonna be forever as I've other things I want to do in sight, but there's much to learn yet, so i'll be sticking to it for awhile.

Shhh about your pays though. It does so get me depressed. Heh.
-------------------------
As that might've bored you guys quite a bit, here's something funny.

A notice found on the inner side of my office's toilet door.

It's so funny, really.

You'd have thought that being adults, people would know how to use a toilet. You'd have thought being women they'd be more hygenic. But they don't. I however find there's a lacking of detail in that notice. If it were up to me I'd put a hell long list of all the things woman shouldn't do while using the toilet.

  1. Do not throw Unidentified Objects (tissue paper plastic wrappings, tampons, sanitary pads) into the bowl.
  2. Sit, woman, sit. I know you might be grossed out that someone else's butt warmed it before yours, but you could do the WongFeiHung and do that Semi Sit-Squat Thing rather than trampling all over leaving your size 9 shoe prints on it.
  3. As a cute poster thing I saw wrote, "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie."
  4. Be focused.


I still have no idea why someone would want to pee on the floor.

It does so get your shoes dirty.

:

Blogger Illicitus said...

I once saw a lady walk out of the loo wearing 3 inch stilletos. You know, those with the chrome spike heels.

Picture her tittering on the edge of the bowl while trying surreptiously not to make the tell-tale *tinkle*tinkle* sound that occurs when liquid falls from a height, I imagined what would have happened if her concentration slipped just a little.

The cursed spiked heel being unsuitable for such positions.

Imagine.

5:07 PM, July 28, 2005  
Blogger Kenny said...

wah....
ur pay still ok leh..i think li jes go hang myself or sumthing with my belt...

8:21 PM, July 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People could always just LINE the toilet with toilet paper rather than stand ON the toilet...but of course, that is too much effort.

It would be SOO better to climb up and hope you don't miss and hit your lovely shoes...ahahaha...and really, if the toilet is that dirty...we're FEMALES, we can HOLD...go to a cleaner establishment. hehe

I'm sure your pay is okay, I remembered you said it was better than that crappy other place.... =)

2:11 AM, July 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god - that is so wrong. i once saw something like that in chinatown too like, "this is the bowl. aim here". for the life of me, i can't comprehend why anyone would want to climb half a metre off the ground and pee into a bowl. i have zero squat skills ... but i guess you learn that if you live in asia (and i don't mean that in a derogatory way ...).

3:44 AM, July 29, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

mich..next time if u do see such a lady, tell her she has high potential to join the circus. balancing on toilet seat with stilettos no easy feat for sure.

kny.. it's a date then! hang u at ur place or mine? =)

lc..personally i just don't go to public toilets if i can help it. malaysia has one of the most horriblest ones ever, except for the ones in huge shopping places whose cleaners practically LIVE in them.

alli..chinatown eh? do u think it's a chinese affliction? btw, the WongFeiHung stance helps tone upper legs. HEhe. Much strength needed. Like doing tai chi.

9:12 AM, July 29, 2005  
Blogger Kenny said...

bring your own belt, bra strap oso can. my place more privacy...

7:10 PM, July 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha YES i hate it when people dribble! at least wipe it clean? ew. people climbing on to squat on toilet bowls is so common in kl too, i could never understand why some people did it when they were provided with perfectly nice toilet seats which work fine! i don't know, but the society needs some lessons on toilet ettiquette..lol

11:46 PM, July 29, 2005  
Blogger Illicitus said...

My housemate doesn' flsuh. And they dribble..and they don't wipe. Its the worst thing to come home to a stinking toilet.

Thank god not all of them are the same.

9:01 PM, August 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home