<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Under The Alcohol Of Influence

(said under the influence of alcohol)

I've been hitting the bars in town three nights in a row now; all under different circumstances.

Thursday Night:

I drank some.

I planned to be good. Really I did. I went to watch a basketball match as the team playing was coached by a friend. I got home at 10:45pm - insanely early considering that I've no curfew; a fact that never fails to delight me every time I visualize myself running through fields of marigold, arms outstretched, hair flowing - if my hair was long enough.

Got on the computer and a friend showed symptoms of much distress. Concluding that she needed to be 'out taking fresh air', a mutual friend picked us up and we ended up in Grappa - a hip-hop/ r&b pub.

And was I shocked. Thursday night and the place was P.A.C.K.E.D. The night slowly slipped by as TheChauffeur and I slowly sipped our beers, while the MuchDistressedLady went and mingled with hunky gay-looking models. Thechauffeur then dumped a ciggy butt into his drink (I think he didn't want it anymore) but being rebuked by the MuchDistressedLady, he downed the whole mug straight.

Now there is a myth that ciggie ashes + beer makes you sick. TheChauffeur proved fiction to be fact and ended up throwing up throughout the night. I drove us all home with his car, although I think it was quite a traumatising experience for the both of them as
  1. I've never driven at night before, and
  2. I didn't even know where the handle for the lights were.

Friday Night:

I drank none.

Went to lin lin (went for a spin in the car) with my friend with the ride bringing us to Soho, a house music/trance posers' pub where pubbers who thought they were clubbers overdressed and sat around staring as the uncool slouch by.

Friend bumped into friends there. I sat with them. I believe I've never been so bored in my entire life.

I usually don't stereotype age with maturity, but this is one case that compels me to condemn all younger people as being just plain stupid. Thank God I was never young.

I could barely keep count of how many times those babies repeated all the swear words in the English language or hokkien.

I know you know. Don't act like your parents just gave you a license to swear and you're saying them as if your life depended on it.


Saturday Night:

Soho again. I drank enough to go to the loo plenty of times.

10.20p.m.- 4 people, 1st bottle of Chivas.
A little while later - 7 people, 2nd bottle of Chivas.
12.50a.m. - I can't remember how many people there was, but 3rd bottle of Chivas.

It was different. Fun. Very.

I met new people who did not sit around looking classy, and some old friends whom I've not hung out with for a long, long time.

There was ArthurTheFlirt from my church carolling days- who promised to take care of everyone because he was the oldest - but alcohol I reckon is the elixir of youth that many seek - turning men into boys who blabber incoherently.

Then there was James111; my high school prom date, my college hostel junk food supplier, my afternoon ice kacang partner and TheOneWhoSnuckMeOutAfterCurfewDuringRebelliousDays.

With him he brought JoyokiTheSquintyEyedDoctor who is back on her holiday from Russia. She laughed a lot; a major contribution to the night as it is deemed that the more noise your group makes - the more fun you're having. She didn't bring me my vodka though. Poo.

Another key character of the night was DerekAmazingBreasts whom I met for the first time. We've known about each other for a while now through MichTheWestieLovingAunt's blog but have never made contact. I like DerekAmazingBreasts, he tells me what I want to hear. Hehe.

-----------------

Like every story told, there has to be a conclusion that sums it up and makes sense of it - should the rambling be too long and you've no idea what I've been saying.

I've a few conclusions actually.
  1. Never drink beer that has been contaminated with ciggie ashes.
  2. Cars, local model - Lights on the right.
  3. Swearing is not cool. Unless of course if you really mean it.
  4. Everyone younger than you is too young, and everyone older; too old.
  5. Mathematical progression: the more people there is, the more alcohol you order.
  6. I had the most fun the night I had the most alcohol. There must be a causal relationship somewhere.
  7. I have friends outside the Internet after all! *phew*


:

Blogger mystic said...

Funnily enuff, I had also been drinking on Friday nite at Bar Savanh. Was tempted to go on Thurs (like I was always do when I worked in Sg & US--its part of the American culture that people hang loose from Thurs on) and last night too after contemplating for a long time. A friend who also happened to be bored & kind of depressed, and we went out drinking and didnt get home till 6 tis morning.

1:42 PM, July 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh i miss pubbing back home then again i dislike the younger crowd these days. maybe my time is over. hehe..

go clubbing, wear t shirt n jeans la in kch. dont really need to dress up cos its only kch and its not worth it...=p

tell me more bout ur ventures.. love to hear em. makes me miss home moreee


chrissieeeeeeee

3:32 PM, July 10, 2005  
Blogger FishBalls said...

Now that you mention it, my breasts ARE pretty gosh-darned amazing. Ever so lovely of you to say, you lovely lady you.

yumcha is a must. just say when and where. Bumming around affords me an exhorbitant amount of free time.

5:22 PM, July 10, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

mystic.. bars here close at 2 =P you're allowed to linger i suppose but it kinda kills joy when the crowd starts dispersing and the waiters sweep underneath ur table =P

chrissie.. yeah tell me about it. i felt like some aunty who was trying to be 'happening'. i wore a singlet thingie and a denim skirt - none of those stringy sexy things - not worth the oogling lah. as for my 'ventures'..this might be the last of it..i start work tomorrow.

fishballs..i'd say when and where but considering my popularity (that you claim)..i might be swamped with groupies and such. how about you email me and we'll arrange ey? add's kimmik82@gmail.com

kinda banging myself on the head for not getting your number straight.

8:22 PM, July 10, 2005  
Blogger Kenny said...

I noe. I noe.

8:43 PM, July 10, 2005  
Blogger joyoki said...

hahaha kim..

joyokithematasepetgigglingmonkey may sound better :)

9:59 PM, July 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa...club hopping eh? sounds lotsa fun, except when the younger group comes in the picture. i know exactly what you mean, even here in shopping malls and in uni, i feel that everyone around me r like younger than me (except those aunties uncles la)!
Anyways gal, have a good day at work 2moro! tell us all abt it yeah....im sure it will be WAY better than the previous one! ;p

10:28 PM, July 10, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

kny.. /swt

joy.. can't u tell i'm flattering u to get free medical treatment? LOL.

justina.. NOTHING can possibly be worst than that first one - *touch wood*

10:51 PM, July 10, 2005  
Blogger Illicitus said...

You driving,

more traumatic for you,

or for your charges?

Muahhahaha

I must I must I must experience it for myself. =)

Scare me baby. Scare me.

1:09 AM, July 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahaha

"i had the most fun the night I had the most alcohol... there must be a causal relationship somewhere"

dang ... another kimmism.

*shakes head*

but you know i quietly agree with you on that one dear! :) here's to friends outside the het haaha.

2:58 AM, July 11, 2005  
Blogger CreativeBitchin said...

so i'm younger than you. does it mean i'm too young? gary is not gay. he's cute! heh heh heh..

4:43 AM, July 11, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

mich..

Here i extend a coupon for a free ride, valid only from 15th July 2005 til 22md July 2005.

hehe. no multiple prints now. i think they i was more traumatised, as being more sober. LOL.

alli.. see.. i KNEW tht it meant something ^-^ ..going to work in 15 mins! I am So HYPED.

irene..gay guys are usually cute leh. and oh my, you're younger than me? i could've been fooled. *grin*

7:51 AM, July 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home