Like Double-sided Tape and Super Glue
I am clingy.
I can now imagine faces cringing, crowds running away helter-skelter like they do in Ultraman movies when hideous plasticin-made monsters roar their terrifying roar.
But I am (clingy), as much I'd hate to admit it as it is a typical trait of being a woman. And God forbid that I am a typical woman. We are after all striving to be oh-so-individualistic.
Clingy is being possessive; from the YouMustReportToMeEveryHour type to the IfYouBreakUpWithMeIWillKillMyself type.
Clingy is needing someone so badly that during his or her absence, you feel like you've been abandoned. And when the person returns, there are rainbows over green meadows and butterflies again.
Clingy is bad. Or has always been portrayed as being so.
Like all the things I do, I justify it to myself. There MUST be rationale behind the things we do.
(Exclusion clause: Rationale does not cover areas of purchases, e.g. shoes, pretty things, excessive consumption of sweet stuff...)
I cling because I have no life (for lack of a better reason at the moment).
I cling to GoodFriends, MoreThanFriends dan kawasan-kawasan yang sewaktu dengannya (those in the same area) because it is hard to find people you like very very much.
But we musn't cling, must we?
Clinging shows that we are dependant, that we are desperately holding on to someone or something that is not ours to have.
Clinging shows that we are weak, that we can't Standalone and are in constant need of a Network.
Clinging is a need.
Like how fish need water, and how beauty pageant contestants need world peace.
Needing isn't bad. It is how you act upon that need that is.
Needing shows that we are all frail. I AM frail.
Very much so actually because I am needing a hug right now.
(Except that I pretend that I don't because it's not cool to need things like that)
. . .
I'm gonna go get my teddy now.
I can now imagine faces cringing, crowds running away helter-skelter like they do in Ultraman movies when hideous plasticin-made monsters roar their terrifying roar.
But I am (clingy), as much I'd hate to admit it as it is a typical trait of being a woman. And God forbid that I am a typical woman. We are after all striving to be oh-so-individualistic.
Clingy is being possessive; from the YouMustReportToMeEveryHour type to the IfYouBreakUpWithMeIWillKillMyself type.
Clingy is needing someone so badly that during his or her absence, you feel like you've been abandoned. And when the person returns, there are rainbows over green meadows and butterflies again.
Clingy is bad. Or has always been portrayed as being so.
Like all the things I do, I justify it to myself. There MUST be rationale behind the things we do.
(Exclusion clause: Rationale does not cover areas of purchases, e.g. shoes, pretty things, excessive consumption of sweet stuff...)
I cling because I have no life (for lack of a better reason at the moment).
I cling to GoodFriends, MoreThanFriends dan kawasan-kawasan yang sewaktu dengannya (those in the same area) because it is hard to find people you like very very much.
But we musn't cling, must we?
Clinging shows that we are dependant, that we are desperately holding on to someone or something that is not ours to have.
Clinging shows that we are weak, that we can't Standalone and are in constant need of a Network.
Clinging is a need.
Like how fish need water, and how beauty pageant contestants need world peace.
Needing isn't bad. It is how you act upon that need that is.
Needing shows that we are all frail. I AM frail.
Very much so actually because I am needing a hug right now.
(Except that I pretend that I don't because it's not cool to need things like that)
. . .
I'm gonna go get my teddy now.
And in a faraway place where music comforts,
Guns N' Roses sings,
"...everybody needs somebody, sometimes."
Guns N' Roses sings,
"...everybody needs somebody, sometimes."
:
aaawww..
mm...
no worries..
i'm a clingy too :)
stay strong :P
I couldn't help laughing at one cliche cling type. LOL.
We are social creatures and not meant to be alone. If we were, we would be like the great grizzly bear. We would fight over ..shit..forgot how to spell. Terrotiry/? Shit Shit. How do you spell that again?
jennifer.. thnks ^_^
mich.. omg u're dyslexic. hhahaha. territory lah.
don't be silly kim. it's not not cool to want a hug. c'mere. *hugs* there there...
i'm sure we all need a hug once in a while. AND being clingy isn't all bad... if you only take it three times a day after meals. lol. ;) lame-o-meter alert!
it's normal to need certain things, and to want to hold on for dear life the things you treasure the most cos you're just afraid of losing them. sometimes it's not so much clingy as it is protective.
wohoo!!! guns and roses.. u calling it clingy is already a mild word..other ppl call it over protective/control-freak...yes u heard me ..they use the word freak..
like the great velma of scooby-doo
"who u calling freak? freak!"
O_o`
im clingy too! =P
Are you sure you're clingy? I dun believe...only because I think you might be USING the word clingy but it's really something else...something that sounds better...that you won't tell us. *cross arms* Me wanna know the REAL WORD.
My comment will be, replace clingy with smart. You value what is good in your life and you strive to not lose it. Who throws away treasure...ppl with no IDEA that's who. =)
dear girl, i once thought i was clingy as well. it's a combination of liking the person so much you can't stand to be without them, to the fact that they make you feel good about yourself (self-esteem issues) to the fact that you want to keep an eye on them ... either way, co-dependency = no good. i don't know if you're at the point yet but it's good to rely and be happy with your own company ... because and this is the awful truth - one day, you may find yourself alone and ... though we know you're a strong and clever girl who will cope no probs ... if you don't appreciate yourself and know your strengths as an individual ... then how?
come. alli love.
rom... but we lose all things in the end, don't we?
kenie.. o_O
merv.. and i shall award thee a medal for thy bravery.
lc.. but smart ppl would know tht relying on another is bad. therefore i can't be all tht smart.
alli.. runs to alli ala baywatch style. hehe.
i do (know my strengths) and yet i don't. i once thought tht i could cope with living on my own, but i've become uncertain. as for knowing what i'm worth, i reckon i am worth something, but i just don't quite know what it is abt me tht ppl see anymore.
nia.. it's broken.
OMG YOU BROKE THE SHOWERHEAD!!!!!
And why didn't you say anything about this the whole time I was there? Free hugs for Kim always available :)
keem, i accept this medal n stick it on my butt where it will be nice n clingy
Post a Comment
<< Home