Something has ended.
But I can't remember what.
Graduation was surreal. Not how Utopian magnificence and good chocolate is, but more like how you ate fantabulous sushi yesterday but can't remember what type of fish you had; whether it was salmon or unagi.
Fishy things aside, I really can't remember much.
I remember sniggering at the person's (whoever he or she [can't remember gender] was) speech on how our university has served us, and how monumental their 'sacrifice' was.
I vividly remember the person quoting Mahatma Ghandi and Nelson Mandela, and then thinking to myself - the person who wrote the speech must've been an Indian because he quoted indian men.
I remember remembering that 'Oh yeah, Mandela isn't Indian' and had a bimbotic spasm in my head then and there while the whole ceremony was going on.
I remember cheering very, very loudly for one particular friend who hurt her leg, and had to use crutches, painfully limping across the stage to receive her hard-earned RM30,000 piece of paper.
I remember thinking, "She's like a war hero, celebrated for surviving." then feeling a tad jealous that my cheers weren't as loud.
I remember not going to the toilet because it was too difficult to lift all those layers of clothing up just to pee.
I remember flashes of camera lights, and being made to raise my scroll up into the air for photographers.
I remember trying to catch a cab and seeing people pose for photos outside the building that wasn't even our own.
I remember blurred figures in batman costumes as the cab sped by.
But I don't remember having said goodbye.
Graduation was surreal. Not how Utopian magnificence and good chocolate is, but more like how you ate fantabulous sushi yesterday but can't remember what type of fish you had; whether it was salmon or unagi.
Fishy things aside, I really can't remember much.
I remember sniggering at the person's (whoever he or she [can't remember gender] was) speech on how our university has served us, and how monumental their 'sacrifice' was.
I vividly remember the person quoting Mahatma Ghandi and Nelson Mandela, and then thinking to myself - the person who wrote the speech must've been an Indian because he quoted indian men.
I remember remembering that 'Oh yeah, Mandela isn't Indian' and had a bimbotic spasm in my head then and there while the whole ceremony was going on.
I remember cheering very, very loudly for one particular friend who hurt her leg, and had to use crutches, painfully limping across the stage to receive her hard-earned RM30,000 piece of paper.
I remember thinking, "She's like a war hero, celebrated for surviving." then feeling a tad jealous that my cheers weren't as loud.
I remember not going to the toilet because it was too difficult to lift all those layers of clothing up just to pee.
I remember flashes of camera lights, and being made to raise my scroll up into the air for photographers.
I remember trying to catch a cab and seeing people pose for photos outside the building that wasn't even our own.
I remember blurred figures in batman costumes as the cab sped by.
But I don't remember having said goodbye.

:
oh my gosh, i know what you meannnn!
i read back on my old journals, and the graduation day entry: "g... is so handsome in his gown. i wish he would have told me what he told me sooner..." haha.
sometimes things speed by so fast that it takes months and sometimes years to actually absorb the day. graduation pictures are always so lovely yet sad.
ps - i'm sitting here in my outfit, ready for the interview, nervous as all hell, probably making the worst decision of my life and im furrreakin out! i haven't even really prepared, i think i'm self-saboing myself ...
thou maketh me wish i went for my convocation ceremony.
too late for that now!
alli..atm it feels kinda empty still..nth of importance seemed to pass.
and yes..the pics make me sad...
and woman,u needn't prepare coz all tht comes naturally for u.
nia..good point on the recycled paper bit - will check and let u know
merv...tht narration made u WANT to go for convo?!! dear lord,what have i done?!
yesh. coz if i had gone, then i'd have weird things to write about.
tho i doubt i'd see batmans speeding away in cabs lolz
hey kim. phew it's been some time. been up and about for a bit. btw, congratulations ya. i'm sure you've had the best of times in uni - although i'm sure there were sad memories, too. being at my gfs graduation, i'm suprised to say i didn't feel any of that kinda emotion going around. perhaps everyone was just caught in the moment of graduating, no one actually thought to ponder what that meant, graduating. they were all happy and merry. perhaps it's when the whole thing was over, that they stop to think how their years at uni were actually life-changing. again, congratulations on your graduation. i'm sure you'll do well in ur career and all the best. :)
congrate =)
Kim: The person you were sniggering at was Tan Sri Ng Lay Swee and her appaling pronounciation.
Also, to hell with goodbyes, we're still gonna see much of each other. =P
merv.. u read salah lah. i was the one tht was in the cab. the batmans were outside =)
rom.. u wrote an extra long comment just to make up for ur absence didn't u? hehe. but yeah. at the convo i hardly thought much - just went thru the motions.
kenie.. thanks =)
em..OHH. we shook hands with a man right? the higher edu minister? sorry lah. wasn't pay attention. concentrating on not tripping myself over.
does tht mean u're coming to kch? =D
AH am.. CONGRATS!!!!!
hehe... hugs!
mic.. you baru ah ma lah..can't even spell tht properly?!! heh.
thanks =) come baaaaaaakkk sooooon!
Great work!
[url=http://tndrrsbq.com/urxf/fznp.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xzsthqfu.com/wzzj/luxt.html]Cool site[/url]
Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit
Thank you!
http://tndrrsbq.com/urxf/fznp.html | http://xwzjtiwr.com/hqaz/abkg.html
Post a Comment
<< Home