<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, August 24, 2007

Directions please.

"Those who get lost on the way to school, will never find their way through life."
-German Proverb


I got lost between toilet and classroom when I was 7, and carried a campus map with me throughout college.

Shit.


-------------------

My tragic love story would sound like this.





-------------------


I haven't been honest with myself for a long time and it feels, at times, that I've never been at all.

I read one heck of a kisah benar (true story) here and there and I get it into my head that I need to write like that, let my inner cow just graze and chew and moo and spit and chew and spit (do cows spit?) but it doesn't happen because, well, I've lost my cow.

Ladies and gentlemens, I don't know where I am.

And this is frustrating because in order for you to estimate how far you've come along (in order to give yourself a pat on the back occasionally), you need two variables for comparison. You've got to remember things, events, milestones, achievements (and their opposites) in order to grade yourself.

Like if you've not been home for a long time, and you've got a 10 hour flight planned and you've been on the plane for, say, 5 hours, you can tell yourself "I'm halfway there".

But this feels like 6 years ago and I am still 19 and still trying to figure things out, which I know is a vicious cycle.

So I do all the things successful people must do: work hard, work smart, be professional, make contacts, learn, control temper, be a people person, control temper, listen, be a self-starter, go-getter and all those chirpy positive things.

And after all that, where am I now?

Still figuring things out.

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kims dear, take comfort that you're not the only one...

welcome to the quarter centurion club =D

11:22 AM, August 25, 2007  
Blogger spence said...

Quarter life crisis. Haha.

11:49 AM, August 25, 2007  
Blogger FishBalls said...

I think you're wrong. It can't be a quarter life crisis if Kim (and I) are going to live forever, no?

Moo Hoo Ha HA HAA!

12:10 PM, August 25, 2007  
Blogger Keem said...

QUarter?!

Got such a thing?

-_-

DEREK YEO GO AWAY!

1:08 PM, August 25, 2007  
Blogger The Scribbler said...

Hey Kim!

So sorry! It's meeee...Jay! (Utar) Remember me??? I hope you don't mind me linking you. Keep reminding myself but yet forgetting to let you guys know.

Btw, your tragic song??? Yeah...it's sorta cute yet sappy and...totally dramatic! :-D

And you're not alone, ya know! About the figuring things out part! I'm worst...I figure it out...muddle it...get confused...and am back at still figuring things out. How's that for a change? Guess it's part of life (the part where it sucks, of course!):-P

1:39 PM, August 27, 2007  
Blogger spence said...

got... i say got, got la. =P

you think you're immortals ah?

3:50 PM, August 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must laugh...alot kimm. :D

hahaha I HAD TO LAUGH when i read this 'I think you're wrong. It can't be a quarter life crisis if Kim (and I) are going to live forever, no?'.

hahaha

Yeah like Suelynn wrote, being lost is normal, it's like..now that we've done what our young minds have conjured up..now what?

3:20 PM, September 01, 2007  
Blogger Keem said...

JAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.. How could I NOT remember you, you blur thing you. Don't mind the linking :)

Spence... but where's the quarter?? If 25 years old = quarter life, means you're guaranteeing that I'll live to be 100?

LC.. how does he come up with this shit right? I dont know either.

EXACTLY! I thought I'd have to spend a good five years at least to get the job I want, and here I am already with it but it's not quite exactly what I thought it would be either.

I HATE BEING LOST!

I WANT A MAP!

9:12 PM, September 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're LOST??

Look at me??!?! I'm in my semi passing youth and I'm on BREAK, all unmotivated and ...needy now.

I NEED A JOB. Like SOON. I have a scary feeling that I'm so wound up that when i DO get a job, I potentially will wound up married to it..AGAIN, it's not good to make me all needy, well not for me, maybe for the employer cause DAMN I NEED TO WORK HARD to feel alive again....so sad, but argggh job job job pleaseeee.

Okay have to rest, getting too manic. :D

9:49 PM, September 01, 2007  
Blogger spence said...

Kimm, when ppl say mid life crisis... it's round 50 ba... so now u 25, quarter life la. huhuhu

9:20 AM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Keem said...

lc.. scaarryyy. lol. people will be flocking to hire you once they know you're on the market, next thing you know you'l be on another work/travel job.

Hey, perhaps you should see if channels are looking for a travel journo.

I'd watch you. You're like a chipmunk.


Spence.. -_-

12:23 PM, September 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home