Alli Tag
When I grow up I want to be a....
Jail food dispensing person
This is Chow Yun Fatt’s fault. I watched Prison on Fire when I was really little and fights would break out in the midst of dispensing oranges (I don‘t know why I like this). This and Oliver Twist had me write a script for a prison play which was acted out with plastic fruit by my neighbourhood friends and myself when I was 8.
“Please sir, may I have some more?”
Fight ensues, oranges are hurled and ’prisoners’ are wacked with batons.
Work on the Doulos
I like to read, and I want to travel - two birds with one stone! AND, for free!
(This dream however only lasted til last year when I was given a tour of the ship and learnt that shipmates have to clean and cook and do laundry too).
Video tape rental shop owner
Yes, ambition at its prime. I figured that if I owned the shop, I wouldn't have to pay for any rental fees.
Gourmet cake shop cum bookshop owner
Because my idea of happiness is sitting on a beanie, eat pretty cakes, drink hot cocoa while buried in a book.
Dancer
Because I can’t.
Ally McBeal or Lorelai Gilmore
Big personalities with amazing intellect and can talk really fast. I believe that I lack in all those aspects, which is why I aspire. Plus, they get really manly men.
Female Poet
Like Virginia Woolf, or Christina Rosetti whose prose I admire and cannot memorise. I love the whole tragicness of being one; the loneliness which some female poets feel, which of course drives them to madness and suicide, but if I was capable of understanding and seeing like they did, I think I wouldn’t mind dying so bad.
Psychologist
I used to like to listen, to the extent where I told myself I don’t need life experiences because I was already getting them over a cup of tea. So I decided that I would exploit my friends, and get them to pay to talk to me.
Unfortunately, no market for psychologists in Malaysia (and I don’t like Chemistry).
Copywriter
My vocabulary is limited and I believe this will help me in becoming an amazing copywriter. After all, good copy is about saying the most with the least.
That, and because my team’s ad design and copy (which I came up with) took second place in our journalism copywriting class (first place got first place because I did their copy).
Freelance Writer
I don't know why, but it's about one of the few things I can picture myself really doing (as opposed to dispensing oranges in jail).
Jail food dispensing person
This is Chow Yun Fatt’s fault. I watched Prison on Fire when I was really little and fights would break out in the midst of dispensing oranges (I don‘t know why I like this). This and Oliver Twist had me write a script for a prison play which was acted out with plastic fruit by my neighbourhood friends and myself when I was 8.
“Please sir, may I have some more?”
Fight ensues, oranges are hurled and ’prisoners’ are wacked with batons.
Work on the Doulos
I like to read, and I want to travel - two birds with one stone! AND, for free!
(This dream however only lasted til last year when I was given a tour of the ship and learnt that shipmates have to clean and cook and do laundry too).
Video tape rental shop owner
Yes, ambition at its prime. I figured that if I owned the shop, I wouldn't have to pay for any rental fees.
Gourmet cake shop cum bookshop owner
Because my idea of happiness is sitting on a beanie, eat pretty cakes, drink hot cocoa while buried in a book.
Dancer
Because I can’t.
Ally McBeal or Lorelai Gilmore
Big personalities with amazing intellect and can talk really fast. I believe that I lack in all those aspects, which is why I aspire. Plus, they get really manly men.
Female Poet
Like Virginia Woolf, or Christina Rosetti whose prose I admire and cannot memorise. I love the whole tragicness of being one; the loneliness which some female poets feel, which of course drives them to madness and suicide, but if I was capable of understanding and seeing like they did, I think I wouldn’t mind dying so bad.
Psychologist
I used to like to listen, to the extent where I told myself I don’t need life experiences because I was already getting them over a cup of tea. So I decided that I would exploit my friends, and get them to pay to talk to me.
Unfortunately, no market for psychologists in Malaysia (and I don’t like Chemistry).
Copywriter
My vocabulary is limited and I believe this will help me in becoming an amazing copywriter. After all, good copy is about saying the most with the least.
That, and because my team’s ad design and copy (which I came up with) took second place in our journalism copywriting class (first place got first place because I did their copy).
Freelance Writer
I don't know why, but it's about one of the few things I can picture myself really doing (as opposed to dispensing oranges in jail).
:
i enjoyed reading this. your bit about oranges made me laugh. i really like sylvia plath. was in cambridge the other day and walked by the tree under which sylvia plath used to chill out and drink tea, or whatever they did back then.
"Big personalities with amazing intellect and can talk really fast" -- hey are you talking about Alli Sim? haha. oh btw saw that picture of al's elephant impression. HILARIOUS!!!!
*puzzled*
but i didn't post that picture up did i? she wouldn't let me :P
Oooooohh i liked the bell jar a lot. her only book. her poetry i've not had the time to sit down and really read yet though.
do you know she killed herself by sticking her head in an oven and leaving the gas on? >.<
my suicide, if ever, needs to be more.. comfortable.
btw..how did you know it was a sylvia plath tree?
Love the baton hitting!!! hehehe
p.s. Alli's pic is on your friendster. ;D
WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAT. send the link please. HOW EMBARRASSMENT.
and fyi i wasn't impersonating an elephant. it was my boyfriend's nose hair.
Post a Comment
<< Home