Itsy/ Shanghai Pt.1
Not to sound unappreciative and whiny, but sometimes I wish I was insignificant.
Feeling like you're responsible for a hundred million things probably isn't the most motivational of thoughts to get you up in the morning.

Whilst I was there, it was 38 degrees in Pudong, Shanghai.
(Was so hot that after an hour out walking, a burning smell came from my HAIR.)

And people bring umbrellas everywhere.
(Most of the time it's for the sun, but occasionally, I heard, they use it to block the entrance to door-less toilet stalls while they are peeing)

And most of the signs were in Mandarin.
(Granted I read Mandarin, but I've got a problem: when there's like a whole page, my brain just shuts down)

It might as well be in Japanese.

Even the menu behind the counter at McD's was in Mandarin.
(All of us just bought mineral water from McD)

"Lady! Lady! COME IN! CHEAP THINGS!"
*While being nudged/ tugged into the store by my sleeve*
(I have never been called a lady so aggressively)
And this place is the reason why I will never bargain again.
Feeling like you're responsible for a hundred million things probably isn't the most motivational of thoughts to get you up in the morning.
-------------------
I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait for Google Sky.
-------------------

Whilst I was there, it was 38 degrees in Pudong, Shanghai.
(Was so hot that after an hour out walking, a burning smell came from my HAIR.)

And people bring umbrellas everywhere.
(Most of the time it's for the sun, but occasionally, I heard, they use it to block the entrance to door-less toilet stalls while they are peeing)

And most of the signs were in Mandarin.
(Granted I read Mandarin, but I've got a problem: when there's like a whole page, my brain just shuts down)

It might as well be in Japanese.

Even the menu behind the counter at McD's was in Mandarin.
(All of us just bought mineral water from McD)

"Lady! Lady! COME IN! CHEAP THINGS!"
*While being nudged/ tugged into the store by my sleeve*
(I have never been called a lady so aggressively)
And this place is the reason why I will never bargain again.
(A lady (hehe) BLOCKED my way out of her store when I wanted to leave because she wanted to charge me RM20 for a horribly cheap looking shirt. I ended up buying it)
:
Post a Comment
<< Home