To Hear or To See?
Now my brother has been down with flu for a while now, and this has caused his ear to ache over the weekend in which he woke up in the middle of the night sobbing in pain.
Today, mom brought him to an ear specialist to get it checked out.
The doctor said that it was good of us to bring him for a check-up, as people usually just ignore their ailments by taking a panadol or two.
He told us that if things had gotten more serious, there was a probability that my brother would be deaf.
I cannot imagine being deaf. Neither can I fathom being blind.
Someone once asked me a question, that if I were to be born lacking, which would I rather be? Deaf or blind?
I can't remember my answer. Maybe I didn't.
But that aside, here's my question for YOU.
Which would you rather be, deaf or blind? And why?
(Mystery gift awaits winner with best answer.)
Today, mom brought him to an ear specialist to get it checked out.
The doctor said that it was good of us to bring him for a check-up, as people usually just ignore their ailments by taking a panadol or two.
He told us that if things had gotten more serious, there was a probability that my brother would be deaf.
I cannot imagine being deaf. Neither can I fathom being blind.
Someone once asked me a question, that if I were to be born lacking, which would I rather be? Deaf or blind?
I can't remember my answer. Maybe I didn't.
But that aside, here's my question for YOU.
Which would you rather be, deaf or blind? And why?
(Mystery gift awaits winner with best answer.)
:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
We'd been seeing a lot in this world... colourful...yea its beautiful... but we see also heart-breaking things happen..
If if...if ah.... i would to choose... I choose to be blind.. so that I can listen carefully and feel the ppl around me... many times we forget to listen.. as we tends to see the outside layer more...
wat bout u?
You asked me this, once. And I said deaf. Because if I were blind I wouldn't be able to read nor draw nor write nor, well, see. Colourblind as I am, art is one of the few things that makes me happy.
On the other hand there would be a lack of music. And voices. I would miss the voices of the people that I care for.
Hey. Can I lose my sense of smell instead. Wait. Hang on. I like smells too. Vanilla and chocolate. And fried sausages.
Good grief, woman. You've broken my brain.
Blind. For you can "see" things more clearly with your sense of hearing. May it be good or bad. Go to a park, go to a public food court, close your eyes. And maybe, just maybe, u will understand what i mean.
Deaf, because I am very independent and I just hate having to be a burden on anyone....if I was blind, I would feel a burden and even if I got used to it...it would always restrict me in doing things.
Being deaf, I can still jump out a plane, go sky diving and appreciate the glorious beauty of this world, go to a museum to appreciate a Degas Ballerinas, go travelling to see the sights, more importantly I can see my loved ones and friends faces. I can still see animated faces, sadness, happiness, but being blind I can only hear them, if they were silent, how will I know how they are....
Hmmm I'd rather (ha like anyone gets a choice) be deaf ... though that would mean being unable to hear great music or the voices of people I love.
Did you know that insurance companies pay out waaaay more if you lose your sight over anything else? You can lose an arm or a leg but if you lose your vision, there's a huge payout. And that's what it comes down to. Vision. I need my vision ... not just my sight.
deaf. being deaf means my virgin ears dont have to be defiled any longer from learning new swear words from random passerbys everytime i go out.
as long as women exist, never make me blind! lolz
i was wonderin where did d hardcore blogger went
deaf of course. don't suppose i'll need to explain cos everyone else has already said what i wanna say. i can't imagine a world of darkness.
ps: hope you're feeling better ya.
oh crap that was ME. ROM. *slaps forehead* there i go again.
DEAF!!
My wife said I'm quite natural at that!
deaf maybe so i can still see the world but not hear the horrible sounds of human bitterness
chrissiee
humans tend to be less defendant around a blind person, thats whn all the bitter,sweet,beautiful,ugly comes out..after so many comment i read, i might be alone in this but i still stand my ground. Blind.
prefer deaf.. coz with eyes.. can see many many things ma... beautiful things...
and besides.. with eyes... i can still communicate and 'hear' thru sign language hor...
i don't suppose i could say now that i'd rather be perfect eh?
have many thoughts on your comments, thanks for sharing ^_^
i shall reply accordingly in the next blog entry.
right now i'm too swamped with work in the office (and yet i miraculously find time to write this) to blog.
tania.. braille lah!
button.. are u the one with the barney watching kids? wads ur site again?! must leave me ur link!
merv now THERE's honesty! bravo!
alli vision and not mere sight eh? i never thought to look so deep.
kenie.. i'm with u too, but for different reasons. shall explain in next entry =)
mic.. but the blind can hear, and can communicate through speech?
Hi kim
1stly, all kids watches Barney here so I may not be who u think I am!
I don;t have a site (yet) anyway...
:)
button.. ooo. Barneyville. yeah i think i mistook u for someone else. in any case, if u DO get a site, do inform =)
magd.. but no more sounds. the gushing of the wind, waves crashing against the shore, trees swaying, rain pelting on rooftops.. =/
Post a Comment
<< Home