<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Healthy Narcissism

I think, we (the old, the young, the bold and the beautiful) appreciate ourselves too little (well, except for Em).

And that's why when it comes to writing resumes or going for job interviews, it's so hard to make yourself standout like Pamela Anderson's boobies. You just daren't say because it's not what good, modest people do. Malaysian society's culture appraises humility - the assumption that you are always worth less than another person, and that your opinions aren't as much as another's.

That is WRONG. I reckon everyone contributes, somehow. What's lacking is not talent, but appreciation of that talent.

And so, people need to lighten up a bit and see that they are worthy (and not settle for crap pay).

Top 3 Reasons of Why I Am Worthy
#1. I get things done.
#2. I have unlimited ideas.
#3. I listen.

So, what do you reckon are YOUR Top 3 traits?

:

Blogger Kahani said...

HOI! I object *grumble grumble*

7:32 PM, October 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you're saying that you dont appreciate yourself enough??? *raise eyebrow* or that you're "modest"? ekekekkeke..

1:54 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Keem said...

but it's true!! and it's a good thing anyway that you know what you're worth.

anonymous...hm. i must ponder upon this.. i go get some snacks now.

2:20 PM, October 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home