<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Reminder: To write 2006, not 2005.

Happy New Year, everyone!
---------------
Keem's Guide To Being An Idiot
Last night I wanted to call a friend Sam (short for Samantha) to ask if they (she and her guy) needed us (me and my guy) to bring anything for the dinner thing we're having on New Year's eve.

*Bilibala - Ling*
*Bilibala - Ling Ling*
(Hehe... insider joke)



A guy picks up.

Voice on That Line: Hellooooo! (said a transvestitey voice)
Me on This Line: Hey! Pass the phone over to Sam please would you?
Voice on That Line: I AM Sam.
Me on This Line: No you're not Sam, Sean. You still sound like a guy.
Voice on That Line: BUT I AM! (indignantly)
Me on This Line: No you're not.


Now this went on for quite a while until I got fed up and decided to convey the message to whomever I was speaking to.


Me on This Line: Never mind, I suppose I could just tell you. Do you guys need us to bring anything along to your dinner party tonight?
Voice on That Line: Huh? What party? Well you could bring drinks, and some chips and...
Me on This Line: What party?! - sudden realisation - OMG. Sam C*? OMG. I'm so stupid.
Voice on That Line: Yes, idiot.
Me on This Line: ....


As anyone would've guessed by now, in my royal blurness I had called a male Sam instead of the female Sam, and had insisted that the male Sam wasn't Sam but was Sean, whom I thought was trying to annoy me.

-_-

I should name my mobile phone contact list better.

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*signals you to come over* come on kim, join me and al over in the 'blur people corner'. hurrah! misery loves company. or rather blurness loves a fellow goof.

you have a great year ahead,dear! couldn't have done it without you too. ;)

10:07 PM, December 31, 2005  
Blogger Kahani said...

*ROTFL*

you cute little blur bunny you...

12:01 AM, January 01, 2006  
Blogger yuin said...

male sam must be disappointed that he didn't get invited. unless of course he had a better party to go to.

7:18 AM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger CreativeBitchin said...

happy new year, kim.

your problem sounds familiar. in fact, i've made it a point to save contacts with both first names and surnames.

I've tonnes of Michaels, Michelles, Alans, Aarons and Johns. And since I can't recall chinese names, I save contacts with under their english names.

Heh Transvestitey voice. That's a new term. But what took you so long to realise?

8:34 PM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

rom.. i keep on wanting to write Dec 2005 still =P

em.. *stomps feet indignantly* . am so not cute!

yuin.. male sam was from a diff group of friends.. so twas ok =)

wene.. hey u! happy new year! it took me long to realise cause i was SO sure tht i was right. =P

magd.. ditto on the add change. happy new year to u too =)

10:13 AM, January 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home