<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Of Scraped Knees & Gipsy Skirts

One evening a few days before the first day of Chinese New Year, I was rushing around home helping my mom with whatever chores I could before Moobman came to pick me up for a night out.

So I was running in and out of the kitchen, the washing area, the living room. I ran out of the house, and I ran in the house. I ran up the stairs, and I tripped.

Yup. And bruised my knee too.

So now I have a black patch resembling Singapore on my right knee.

As I did not want enquiring looks from relatives as to whether my dad bashes me up, I had to either wear pants or a really long skirt.

Now all of you know my pants dilemma from a few weeks ago. No way.

I borrowed a black gypsy skirt from my mom, and lo and behold - it fit.

Price to pay was having to flag my skirt up and down so that my legs could breathe.

Not a pretty sight I tell you.

Perhaps I should've tried the pants again.

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FAT HOPES!
Pants can only get tighter during CNY period!

12:12 AM, February 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, i'm trying not to picture you flagging your skirt lol.

3:04 AM, February 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer...hope the bruise goes away fast!! Eat more greens!! As for pant or skirt...SKIRTT!!

p.s. I get bruises all the time..but I just ignore it and wear skirts hehe

5:21 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

black path resembling singapore.... hmm... that's a sign i say. a sign!

10:13 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

button.. as a matter of fact, i eat LESS during cny. having to handle all the junk makes me not like them i think. i've not tasted a single cookie my mom bought!

rom.. i assure you plenty of girls do it - just subtly. used to do it when i wore baju kurung to school too. hehehe. *flap flap flap*

lc.. cannot lah! imagine ppl giving me the once over - pretty head, pretty blouse, pretty skirt, hot damn! what's wrong with the knee?!

merv.. no i will NOT go to singapore. tis the devil's nest i say!

11:34 AM, February 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!

1:53 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

*smug*

3:29 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Kahani said...

Flagging? Don't you mean flapping girl?

Anyways hit the stair master and lose some fat off that ass! =P

10:18 AM, February 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweetie, so proud you finally gave them the one-ups!!!!!!!!

as for your flapping skirt ... i dont think they design them to be THAT aerodynamic heh.

10:44 AM, February 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm impressed your parents didnt mind the BLACK skirt more than the black patch on your knee.. LOL.. *hong sek hong sek*!!! =P

and hoi.. i am NOT a bimbo!!! *glares*

11:13 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Anhedonio said...

well... late but sure i just wanted to say that i allways admired your blog. Keep doing what you do best... writing.

Hope to see you someday in my blog.

2:15 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

em.. uhhh.. *blush* - i keep on telling myself i will get fit when i get to kl - so much walking and standing on lrts =_=

alli.. yuh huh. and though u hate msian customer service (what customer service?), you WILL come down again won't you?

while flapping - had mary poppins in mind =D

lis.. family isn't traditional in that sense =) and if you're not an airhead - why does your previous comment prove otherwise?! *sigh* journalist konon. lol~ just kidding babe.

anhedonio.. hi! thanks for the encouragement! it's anonymous silent readers like you who give me that extra boost when i feel like i don't have what it takes to make it. much appreciated ^_^

magd.. my mom has been trying to make me buy gypsy skirts - she has tons of them herself. but i just can't lah! too.. girly.

10:26 AM, February 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home