<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Being needed.

Is such a wonderful feeling. Truly.

So after a total of 2 interviews, which isn't much, and the second one entirely unnecessary, I've picked.

The first interview with a local newspaper went well. Was given a press release to process and the result of it: the editors loved me.

*beams*

The second interview with one of Klang Valley's biggest shopping complexes went pretty good too. Exam was to write a PR Plan (no idea how to so I cincai write), a press release and to reply potential complaint letters. Though the interviewers weren't amused with the plan I drafted (I had a total of 8 lines in point form), they were keen on recruiting me, and were willing to raise the salary just to beat the first interview.

*i-thought-i-was-beaming*

I picked the latter as I thought well, better pay, bigger company, more impressive resume. Besides, it takes more than 10 years of editorial work before anyone gets to be an editor.

So PR job at shopping complex it is.

But.

But.

I just couldn't. Couldn't make a decision to take a job that I'm not sure that I will enjoy because I am not appreciated the way I would like to be appreciated. I want to be appreciated for my nonsensical banters (shut up, Moob). I need a byline. PROs don't have bylines.

And when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter if the pay is better. Neither does getting my own room with a pc and internet (well it does quite a bit actually).

It comes down to this.

I want to be happy doing what I do.

And PR is just not it.


And so, this April, this is <-insert name->, writing for <-insert place->.

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Kim! am happy for ya!

5:43 PM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger spence said...

SHE AIN'T BUMMIN NO MORE. =P

6:08 PM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

spence.. yuh huh. mike gave u 'em cookies yet?

6:28 PM, March 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes.. its me.. again ;D

gratz on ur job offer(s). i think u should have taken the one with higher pay tho so U CAN GET THE DAMN INTERNET ;p

10:25 PM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

nia.. not quite settled, need suggestions for a place to stay tht's near lrt at tht end of town lah.

tolong?

lawi..it's not money tht's the issue lah. it's tht i've not picked a permanent place to stay and don't wanna waste time applying and cancelling streamyx. they take AGES.

9:48 PM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger spence said...

I didn't get em cookies. One of em Ha's ate em. -____-" I WANT COOKIE!! *throws tantrum*

10:46 PM, March 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS babe, knew you had it in you..you're a fab writer, told ya!!! So cool, you will have a byline! Get internet!!

8:44 AM, March 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOI!!! 1st, TAHNIAH or was it TANIAH? -__-""

2nd... on to them cookies.. uhhhhh... my bad.

3rd... End of April, when you get your first paycheck, post about RM50 to me so I can have my buffet! =P~

9:48 AM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger spence said...

Yea.. post Mikester 50 and I'm gonna flick a bag of Amos out of him. Muahahah

7:47 PM, March 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg i was abt to email asking where u been, did you have fun with the leprechauns dear? HURRAH you got not one - but TWO job offers! and not only two but BOTH which you went for. so now i get to see your name in the sun? :D

8:04 AM, March 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

streamyx sounds...naughty kim. hahaha

8:04 PM, March 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

naughty??? hahahah

12:50 AM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

spence..the niggerboy is working for EY now and can very well buy you a bag of Amos. go bludgeon it out of him!

lc.. i'm thrilled but sooooo gonna piss my pants if i screw up a coverage. and why does streamyx sound naughty? -_-

mikey.. it's tahniah and same to u too =) i send u rm50, u send me rm100 ok considering what you get to save is prolly more than me ^^

lil.. I KNOW. I feel so fabulous. *sings* don't u wish ur girlfriend was hot like meeee *sings*

magd.. she's very much so welcomed to comment. i was only wary about it previously considering we were colleagues, and i wasn't sure if it was safe for a personal blog to be known in the office.

4:44 PM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger Jerng said...

congrats!

2:08 AM, April 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home