<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Any working day

On any working day, I set my alarm clock for 9am, let it ring until it gives up, and get up finally at 9.30am.

I then proceed to do the morning basics - brush my teeth, clear the eye wax and decide whether if it was a good or bad hair day (hide hair or not to hide hair). And no, I don't do morning showers.

I then get changed and decide whether to be casual; which would include cargo pants/ jeans, a baby tee and my red sneakers, super casual; a denim skirt, baby tee and my pink Crocs, or if I would be professional (which seldom happens) and wear pants, boots, and some collared shirt or a wooly sweater.

When picking what I wear, there is one very important consideration: the weather.

If it is rainy, I must be prepared with at least a coat, jacket, an extra sweater or a scarf. This is thanks to the arctic-like temperature in the office which is further aggravated by a rainy day.

If it's not rainy, one of the above items will do. Some times.

I then pack my bag and make sure that my keys, phone, wallet, small change (for cab), tape recorder, two pens, a notepad, phone earphones, normal earphones, a book, Moob's nintendo DS, butter lip balm, pepper spray and some mints are in (thanks to the boyfriend, my bag has space for all of that and more).

By the time I'm done with this, I would usually be hit with sudden panic that I will be late for work.

Which is why getting a cab is so stressful then.

But one usually turns up in time, and I get to work about 10am.

I read the papers, check for my day's assignments and then proceed for breakfast in the cafeteria downstairs.

As for the rest of the day, it involves a lot of rearranging words, going out for events, eating, replying e-mails, phone calls, eating and thinking about going home.

Don't you just want to be me?


--------

Also, I would like to note that there are many things that many people can say to offend many people. In order for words to be offensive, it is a rule that one of these conditions must apply.
i) They were written with the intention to offend
ii) The people who read them want to be offended
E.g. You're stupid and your mother is a whore
Explanation: If you don't think you're stupid and you don't think your mother is a whore, then she isn't.

Words only mean something if you think they mean something. I did not think it meant something because it is not within my scope of prejudices for it to mean whatever it was supposed to mean, if that means anything.

I'm kinda confused now. I will stop.




:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

keeeeeeeeeeem, your last post was too funny. *hugs* and cheers to the crazy life!

(remember last year when we were stuck in our home towns and HAAAAAATED OUR JOBS?!) to US, baby!

xox

7:08 PM, October 26, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

alli.. Yup!! and look at us now, starving (but happy) journo ppl.

But I think in about a year (or less), I'll be complaining again and want to switch jobs again - it's like the song, I CAN'T GET NO SATISFACTION.

*rolls eyes* We career woman.

3:41 PM, October 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meek, you career woman??? you leave the office at 5.30! =P no decent self-respecting career woman does that. ekeke..

Lis

12:14 AM, November 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home