O.
pillow talk
About: Going 'all the way'
Not that way, you *censored* people, but the 'forever and ever til death do us part' way.
With so many *censored*, so many *censored* gone bad, so many *censored* and *censored* - is it possible for one to stay committed for 'as long as you both shall live' these days? (I apologise should anyone feel that this is targetted at them. I will take it down if you wish so)
The people of our generation have been taught to have short attention spans (I didn't really mean this), and that commitments and promises are meant to be broken - do 'I love youse' last ten, twenty, thirty, fourty years down the line?
We tell us that we're special (I assure you that you are special, I was just speaking figuratively and is not referring to any person, living or dead), that we will keep to that vow and that no matter what happens, we will make it work - but didn't all the couples around the world (real life and soap operas alike) make the same vows too?
Sometimes I wonder if it is that I have too little faith in people, or just in myself.
About: Sydney, Australia
I've always thought Malaysia to be too *censored*, too *censored*, too hot (if some of you find this untrue too, please tell me).
I've always felt that I've been deprived of the opportunity to go overseas and experience the culture that I've only seen in pictures (crap, I've not even seen snow).
But every time we discuss the possibility of leaving this dreaded place and settling down in Sydney (because that's the place he loves best) where the opportunities are infinite and the weather is heavenly (except for summer), I start sniffling.
I don't want to leave home EVER, if it was up to me.
I can't bear the thought of not seeing my brothers grow up and not being with my parents when they grow old.
I am so emotionally dependant on my family that people would think I was a kindy kid, going to school for the first time and worried that her home won't be there when she finishes.
So what do you guys think? Should I marry my family or Moobs?
Exclusion clause: No, he hasn't proposed or anything like that. We were just scrutinising the possible option of marriage (if it happens at all) in the future, because, you know, that's what cool people do.
About: Going 'all the way'
Not that way, you *censored* people, but the 'forever and ever til death do us part' way.
With so many *censored*, so many *censored* gone bad, so many *censored* and *censored* - is it possible for one to stay committed for 'as long as you both shall live' these days? (I apologise should anyone feel that this is targetted at them. I will take it down if you wish so)
The people of our generation have been taught to have short attention spans (I didn't really mean this), and that commitments and promises are meant to be broken - do 'I love youse' last ten, twenty, thirty, fourty years down the line?
We tell us that we're special (I assure you that you are special, I was just speaking figuratively and is not referring to any person, living or dead), that we will keep to that vow and that no matter what happens, we will make it work - but didn't all the couples around the world (real life and soap operas alike) make the same vows too?
Sometimes I wonder if it is that I have too little faith in people, or just in myself.
About: Sydney, Australia
I've always thought Malaysia to be too *censored*, too *censored*, too hot (if some of you find this untrue too, please tell me).
I've always felt that I've been deprived of the opportunity to go overseas and experience the culture that I've only seen in pictures (crap, I've not even seen snow).
But every time we discuss the possibility of leaving this dreaded place and settling down in Sydney (because that's the place he loves best) where the opportunities are infinite and the weather is heavenly (except for summer), I start sniffling.
I don't want to leave home EVER, if it was up to me.
I can't bear the thought of not seeing my brothers grow up and not being with my parents when they grow old.
I am so emotionally dependant on my family that people would think I was a kindy kid, going to school for the first time and worried that her home won't be there when she finishes.
So what do you guys think? Should I marry my family or Moobs?
Exclusion clause: No, he hasn't proposed or anything like that. We were just scrutinising the possible option of marriage (if it happens at all) in the future, because, you know, that's what cool people do.
:
Tiara.. and I agree with you.
But perhaps you have mistaken what I meant. What I was meant was that lousy relationships have forced people to turn to relationships with their own gender (exclusion clause: the writer would like to note that this is not always the case, and is purely assumed based on personal experience with males/females who have turned homo because of bad relationships), hence the mention of gays and lesbians.
I was/ am not grouping them, not attributing problems to them.
I acknowledge the fact that homosexual relationships can be caused by biological factors or is simply a matter of preference.
I like gays and lesbians just fine.
I typed the sentence in jest, and was hoping that like-minded people would read and think it funny too.
I was not aware that explanations was required in my personal blog (which I thought no one but close friends read).
I have taken the liberty to censor myself and apologise for causing you distress.
Well, look on the bright side. When you settle down in Aus, and is stable financially and socially, you can always sponsor your folks and siblings to stay there too. Aus is a good spot for retirement. Fresher air, definitely good for old folks. And your bros can be educated in the Aus system, which IMO, MUCH better than ours here.
Friends.. true ones will not be deterred by the distance or time zone difference and you can always make new ones.
ant.. I KNOW.. but that in-between period while I scrunge up enough money to do that is >.<
not too sure if my parents are gonna wanna leave too, they love it in Kch.
actually meek, lex and i have been thinking about the same thing too. the Aust part i mean. and yea, i know what you mean. i'd miss home too. but i also wanna experience living overseas. sigh.. i've oftened wondered if it was possible to ship everyone i like to wherever i was. =) damn selfish though right?
but he was thinking more of melbourne. but hey, if we both marry and move, we'd be neighbours! =)
lis
Post a Comment
<< Home