<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"Kak, do you want to play with my gun?"

Kids can say the most horrible things, and people will always forgive them because 'they don't know better'.

For example my nephews and nieces.

The mum, my cousin, is with her eldest son, Amin, 10, when she meets a friend.
"Amin, call Aunty." (It is a Malaysian thing to tell your children to greet the people you talk to)
"Don't want. She is a Nenek (grandmother)."
"No, Amin! Call her Aunty."
"But mum, she looks like a Nenek!"
"Even so, it's rude dear. You'll hurt her feelings. Call her Aunty."
"Mum, you told me not to lie."
Mum is speechless.

In the car while my cousin and her husband were driving me to the train station after I visited their house for Hari Raya.
Son no.4 Syarif appears to be very facinated with something on my shirt and whispers to son no.3 Arif.
"Kak (Short form for 'Kakak' - sister), Syarif says he wants to touch your bre.."
*Arif repeats this several times before I believe what I am hearing*

The youngest daughter, Sasha, probably about 4, talks to the mom about beauty and class.
"I am a princess, but you are ONLY a queen."
"You are pretty, but I am BEAUTIFUL."

Oh. My.

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch this. I find it funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAWAj3MgwI
Watch his response video as well...

whee.

11:24 AM, November 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home