<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Shopping is easy!

My manly specimen of a boyfriend has been gushing over this youtube video the whole of last night, this morning, afternoon, evening and probably will continue to do so for the rest of tonight.

I gushed once.

Ok. Three times. =P




P/S Derk says to tell you guys that you HAVE to watch it 'til the end.
Quote: "It's worth it."
*shimmer in his eyes*

--------------


I have recently come into the possession of several new items of which I have been coveting shamelessly for awhile.


Item #01
A laptop
Nope, I didn't get the MacBook (a certain Mervyn in Singapore is rejoicing right now) after discovering that for a hefty RM4,399, the lowest end of MacBooks although seductively pretty, comes with a pathetic 512mb ram and does not come with a DVD burner.

Its more attractive sibling with 1gb ram and a DVD burner would cost my pocketses near RM1,000 extra.

So instead, I opted for an Acer, which I have found through many phone calls, sms-es, emails, gmail chats, msn chats and such, is a reliable brand and comparable to its counterparts that are more expensive (Fujitsu, Toshiba).




For the benefit of my geeky friends, details: RM2,650, Intel Core Duo, 1GB ram, 80gb hdd, integrated 1.3mp webcam, 14.1 Wxga. Laptop model's Acer Aspire 5572NWXCi.

For the benefit of locals, the prices and variety of laptops at Low Yat Plaza and Digital Mall don't vary that much, neither are the 'offers'.

This has got to be the most amount of money I've handed over for a piece of gadget that will depreciate to 50 cents in 5 years yet.

But it's okay, I get to play Typing of the Dead now (well, I will get to when MERVYN GETS ME THE CD KEY).


Item #02
My Considerable Embarassment
Moobs bought me a Crumpler to reward my swift (haha) decision making in buying the laptop!!! (which according to him was 4-5 months of waking him up in the middle of the night to ask him about computer specs)



*hoppity hop hop* *skippety skip skip*


Item #03
Shoe-sies

Besides my velvety red Adicolor snickers of which I spent an impulsive(though not regretted) sum of RM300 for, I seldom buy clothes/bags/shoes/accessories worth over RM100.

Behold! My first pair of Hush Puppies!



But these puppies were so cute and my feet were so blistered by #%#%%@ Vincci heels that I put these on at the shop and chucked (well, into the shoe box) them #%@#%% heels.





My toesies are happy.

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey!!!!! COOL! new gadget...great specs on laptop!!!

AND I got similar red crumper laptop bag too!!! BUT u have shoulder rest I dont...but SAME RED!!! Whoot!hehe

I TOO did not buy it, got it as gift too! :)

3:39 AM, March 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kuai...listen to Clive...buy Acer. LOL. Your new pair of Hush Puppies for chabo or tapo one? Like tapo loafers like that leh. Your laptop got dvd burner and blutut or not? wifi leh? if got ah, then it's a friggin good deal!

11:24 AM, March 29, 2007  
Blogger Keem said...

lc.. would've loved it if i couldve gotten a core2duo, but i guess what i'm using it for (random surfing, downloads, email and occasional photoshop), it's enough la.

i loved the orange one too, but a bit difficult to match with garb. plus, i love red!

clive..got dvd burner,got wifi, no bluetooth but they threw in a usb one for free. =) cheap here anyway, like 20 or 30 bucks?

1:05 PM, March 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm annoyed i listened to ...*ahem* someone...to only get 512 mb of ram...DYING NOW! Esp how intensive i edit stuff... :(

9:31 PM, March 29, 2007  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

why did i just watch that youtube video to the end? it was so depressing

hahaha

11:45 PM, March 29, 2007  
Blogger FishBalls said...

Depressing?!? it is so not! IT'S FUCKING OTTERS HOLDING HANDS WHILE NAPPING!!! AAARRRRGH THE CUTE IS TOO MUCH!!!

In conclusion, otters holding hands while napping is not equal to depressing.

4:01 AM, March 30, 2007  
Blogger Keem said...

lc.. bring it for a ram upgrade? cheap here =)

merv.. why la must you aggravate.

moobs.. u've obviously watched it one too many times. i ban u from my laptop. mua ha ha ha.

9:51 AM, March 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha it okayy, i want a computer computer when i move home. :) I LOVE PCS more than laptops.

6:14 PM, March 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's gay shit going on with the otters...i was like waiting for them to have sexy time =P

12:46 AM, March 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHO CHWEEEEEEEEEEET. i was like, come back together! and they did!

9:07 AM, April 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home