<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ms. Weather

I'm heading to Batu Pahat, Johor tomorrow evening to do journalisty things.

Though it was supposed to be my day off, I do admit that I'm a little bit psyched, because as we all know, I'm not a real journalist til I've been to the scene where a disaster hit. And Malaysia has not been hit this hard for a long time now.

What's intimidating about the whole business is that I will actually be seeing — this thing that I've been describing for the longest time — how bad it actually is.

I don't know what the weather's going to be like, but a colleague has adviced me to bring an extra pair of shorts.

For those who don't know about it, read this.

It's not going to be a pretty picture.

So instead, here's a nice one I took at the Digital Mall in PJ.


:

Blogger Merv Kwok said...

One N less and that sign would've been perfect

6:25 PM, January 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLD up ... did i just read u got your first first page byline? that's wonderful, what was it about?

ok good luck in johor my dear - keep your batt charged at all times, and skip the border if/when you have time x

12:56 AM, February 03, 2007  
Blogger Keem said...

merv.. it's perfect as it is ! pbbft :)

al.. yups! front page byline was on flood as well - it's the worst malaysia has seen for a coupla decades. think if it hit singapore, well, there wouldn't be a singapore anymore.

the water level in some parts were apparently as tall as coconut trees.

1:04 PM, February 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! as you can tell, i live in a bubble ...

thank you, ms. hard-hitting reporter

7:22 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Keem said...

ah. the sarcasm.

how does one take it. :)

9:48 PM, February 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home