<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Tap-Tap-Tap

Currently the monsoon season in Malaysia, I am seldom out without my big Nikon umbrella.

Today was the same.

While walking across my condo lobby just about 15 minutes ago (I had just gotten back from work), it crossed my mind that blind people often have a walking stick, or if they couldn't afford it, an umbrella which they used to guide them.

"But how did this fascinating tool work?", I thought to myself and immediately put the experiment to action; I closed my eyes and tried to tap my way to the elevator, swinging my umbrella around dangerously and hitting pillars and god knows what else.

So there I was, a tap-tapping, when I realised that I might be walking towards the pool.

Opening my eyes quickly I found that I was not standing at the edge of the pool, but in front of a man whose jaws were hanging, I believe, from shock, disbelief and amusement.

I also believe I heard him snicker as I walk hurriedly pass him.

The shame -_-;


:

Blogger Merv Kwok said...

womansie, you have officialy lost all face now lol!

9:17 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

merv.. i know! and i had little face luas permukaan to begin with!

10:17 PM, November 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha..you DIDNT!!!! Btw, Nikon umbrella...COOL!

3:04 AM, November 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BAHAHAHAH!! OMG!! A friend of mine did exactly that once.. and she tapped her way into the drain! Sprained her ankle.. the silly woman. -__-;;

10:54 PM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

lc.. *looks down in shame*.. I did -_- i don't bring the umbrella around anymore just in case the guy recognises it *blush*

ant.. I think I'd rather sprain an ankle than have someone catch me PRETENDING to be blind. AAAIYAHHH, MALU LAH!

12:42 PM, November 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home