<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, November 10, 2006

Satu Dua Empat Enam.. Kaunter Sepuluh.

I've been wanting to go to Singapore for yonks but was waiting for 'the right time'.

My last visit there was when I was in Form 4 (17 years old). It was a Leo Club forum and all I saw of Singapore was the hotel I stayed in and Sentosa's water world.

So the right time is finally here, Moob's sister is coming back from Australia this November and will be stopping there for a couple of days. Yay. Must go get passport done (Yes, I do realise that I am 24 and without passport, something quite unheard of in modern days. Like women with hairy armpits.)

Being my day off today, I headed down to the immigration department in Pusat Bandar Damansara armed with my I.C (original and photocopied), birth certificate (original and photocopied), two passport photos and an application form.



We got there 9.20am. My queue number was 1246. It was 1149 when I was issued that. I was called to the counter at precisely 11.20am.



Counter lady, "Oh, you're from Sarawak? Your passport will take two to three months to process. We need to send it back to Sarawak for approval lah."

*eye twitches*

My head says, "Can I bribe you?"

Mouth says, "Okay."

Heart - *sigh*

Merv, Alli, Mich: you guys want to come and smuggle me over? I'll lose weight so that I can fit in your suitcase.

See you next year Singapore.

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

0.o


Efficiency.

Malaysia's middle name.

10:16 AM, November 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I friggin' HATE to go to those government departments for this kind of reason. You wait for ages, finally get to your turn and then the "friendly" people behind the counter tell you you're missing one document OR you're at the wrong office OR they need to send it somewhere and will take donkey years to process, etc etc

Grrrrrrrr.

Anyway, I'll be heading to S'pore myself in the early week of December for exams and holidays. Hope you'll get around the visit the place next year. It really suck that in this modern day we still having this problem of snail pace document processing. 2-3 months to process?? Haven't they heard of DHL?? ~_~

10:28 PM, November 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also… The worst thing is that the processing of docs is actually quite simple and uncomplicated. The delay is at the sending and getting approval parts. The office at KL will take donkey years before they send your files over to Kuching (internal traffic jam of docs). When it gets to Kuching, it probably take them a couple of weeks to get yours done. Then they need the big shots of the dept to sign or verify or whatever. That will probably sit in their in-tray for some time before the lazy asses finally notice their piling stuff. Then to the despatch section, etc etc. And they probably use Pos Malaysia which is slow as constipated crap. So by the time you receive your passport, a century had probably passed. ~_~;;;;;

10:36 PM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

TWO OR THREE MONTHS?!?!

I'd smuggle you but we'll never make it past Singapore immigration. Those guys are nazis

1:23 AM, November 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGGG>...you serious? Awww...I wished you had bribe the lady...now you can't go singapore in November... boo hoo.

I hope you get it sooner than 2-3 months!

pssttt...I plan to do Malaysia on the way home next year!!!! :)

4:38 AM, November 12, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

mishmash..yuh huh. and its first name is Watis.

ant..*nods* but i think u need anger management eh. cool down cool down. not saying u're wrong to be angry though.. it's just tht we msians have come to accept inefficiency as part of our CULTURE. how sad is tht.

merv.. inefficient msian govn workers and nazi singaporean customs should hook up and become inefficient nazis who kill themselves.
say NO to er.. ppl.

lc.. the bribe thing joke only. bribing doesnt right inefficiency - which is their prob.

when abt are u coming here? yay! maybe by then i'd have gotten my passport and we can go to sg to give alli a holler.

1:16 PM, November 12, 2006  
Blogger lainieyeoh said...

i may not have a passport, but at least my underarms are clean.

i guess.

it's been a while since i noticed.

1:55 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

I once saw a woman whose armpit hair was several inches long. This was at McDonalds.

In other news, I heard the french like their women with long armpit hair. There's motivation for you. =D

8:57 PM, November 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home