<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

le journaliste professionnel

Today I feel like a REAL journalist.

Nope, I didn't go to some high profile event with important people.

Neither did I rush to the scene of a tragedy.

I got in the office early, checked the schedule for my day's assignments and read the front page news.

After a quick breakfast (because real journalists don't have time for long ones) at the cafeteria, I rushed story after story (which are only for a youth pullout, but that's besides the point).

In between editing the stories, I called and emailed some political people some questions for another story (for news) and told them to get back to me pronto because real journalists need to get their stories out on tight deadlines.

I continued typing furiously away.

AND THEN I ordered McDonalds and threw everything into a feeding bag and hung it around my neck, because as you know, real journalists don't have time to have long lunches.

Type type type type call people check email check data verify names shout across the office at editor and slam my mouse (because it wasn't working).

And then I panicked because the offstone buzzer went off (sad to say I usually don't stay late enough to hear it) and anxiously look over editor's shoulders as the story is being proofed.

Got home at 8pm (because real journalists never get to go home early) and tomorrow morning I've got an 830am assignment at some far away place (well, I don't drive).

I feel thinner already - just like a real journalist. =D


:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your life is so bloordy interesting that it makes mine look mundane! =p

glad u're lovin ur job babe


chrissieeeeeeeeee

7:24 PM, November 15, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

interesting aside, don't i sound PROFESSIONAL??!!!

=D

5:04 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

gisele bundchen?!

my, my.

5:20 PM, November 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a real journalist :)

ryc: Thinking Oct next year....but isn't that rainy season or something? Not too sure myself yet...so far away...away. hehe

3:56 AM, November 19, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

hmm.. the spamming seems to have made a comeback. will need to see to it soon.

lc.. Oct - Feb is the moonsoon season so A LOT OF RAIN, THUNDERSTORMS and NOT FUN days. Best to come earlier although Feb is when Chinese New Year usually is (don't know if tht's an attraction for you?).

11:20 PM, November 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home