<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I edit you. I EDIT YOU!!!

Now that that's out of the system (well, not quite but what can you do right), there's something I've been meaning to enquire about.

Does anyone know anything about child sponsoring? Like which organisation is reliable, easily contacted and what kind of sponsoring there is, how much it usually is etc.

Or refer me to the website of one which you think is good.

I think it's about time I looked at the bigger picture when it comes to charity.


--------


Christmas is almost here!




--------


Yesterday's events were bizarrely interesting.

I saw a security guard backing away from a teensy weensy toddler of about 2 years old. She was tottering unsteadily towards him and he was taking slow steps backwards as the little girl's mom and I watched in amusement.

And while I was at Kinokuniya's information counter, there was a skinny chinese guy with a bible in hand who loudly proclaimed God's words and read verses from the bible. In between there were spurts of Bahasa Malaysia and hand gestures. The angmoh guy standing in front of him was much amused.




Much later when I was on the LRT going home, the guy sitting besides me was typing ONE emo message throughout my entire 35 minute journey. He hadn't even sent it by the time I got off. Being quite kaypoh, I peeked. It went something like this:




"I have never known happiness til I met you. So just leave me and let me live in this world filled with destruction and agony. I am truly, truly dissapointed. I don't think I will ever know happiness again."

Just a hypothesis: Dramas were derived from human beings.



:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha kepo! i think i wud do the same too if i was in your situation.

i love observing ppl during my ride to work every morning!

chrissieeeeeeee

9:27 PM, November 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most credible organizations would be World Vision and Oxfam. I have friends who are volunteers or members, and I've heard pretty good stuff about their programmes and such.

10:12 PM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

child sponsorship... ask me mate angelina jolie lol

10:14 PM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Keem said...

chrissie.. i know! it's like real time tv. there was even a girl sitting across from me who was dozing with a grin on her face and a 30cm long feather in her hand.

ant.. will check them out thanks =)

merv.. jolie is hot, i would so turn. but i dont think i can afford to bring the kid home la =P

11:21 PM, November 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home