<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, November 20, 2006

Lollipop Lollipop Oh Lolli Lolli Lolli

Meet my new baby!



*love*

---------------


Last Friday was not too good a day.

Moobs and I had had a row the night before, and me being the spoilt little poor girl threw a tantrum, cried my brains out and didn't get to bed til about 2am.

The next morning, I woke up with a throbbing migraine but being firm with my position of being pissed from the night before - although I had gotten over it (women are complicated beings), I refused to take sick leave, stuffed my pocket with Panadol and went to work.

The rest of the day was a blur of processing press statements by opposition leaders (of which, if i may add, i did wonderfully), listening to a colleague's friend's mom telling me why i should get health insurance (i am not insured at all) and then getting back to the office to find out that my stories were spiked (deleted. thrown away. killed off).

5pm came and I thought 'Hey, Ms. Cranky Pants. You can go home and get your well deserved rest now. Have a good weekend you gorgeous thing."

But it rained like it was going to flood the world.

So I waited it out and when it went down to a drizzle about 5.45pm, I armed myself with my huge Nikon umbrella and walked out to the main street to catch a cab as I usually do.

There were no cabs. I stood there for ONE WHOLE HOUR and there was NOT A SINGLE CAB THAT BLOODY STOPPED. I ended up calling Moobs (we had made peace by then) and he headed out to catch a cab from our apartment and pick me up.

Knowing that it would be quite a wait (raining = traffic jam), I sat on the stairs of a pedestrian bridge feeling very sorry for myself (tears in my eyes and all that jazz).



Three indian schoolgirls who had just finished school were waiting there too for their ride home.



At first they looked at me suspiciously as if I was going to steal their school bag or something.

After they decided that I was harmless, one of them approached me.

"Aunty, what is the time?"

There were no survivors that day.

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AUNTIE!

*LOL*

u probably need a new hairdo!

12:28 PM, February 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home