Papa don't preach!
This is Madonna and Robert Downey Jr. on Saturday Night Live waaaaaaaaay back in the 80s.
I think it's a key rule for any GOOD performer to be able to laugh at themselves. There's definitely always someone somewhere laughing at them.
Last night, I was doing one of my real journalist things again - I worked LATE.
I covered the Malaysia International Fashion Week and drank wine and mingled with pretty people dressed in pretty clothes and ugly people dressed in ugly clothes.

I saw local celebrities (at least I think they were, don't know much about the local entertainment industry) and designers and pretty and gay (happy, really) models.
The people whom I DID recognise were Jimmy Choo, Bernard Chandran and his wife, Camelia, Stephanie Chai and some other people of which I can't recall now, so I guess they're not as popular? Or maybe I'm just not so aware.
Anyhoo, like a real journalist I took notes, observed who came and who went, and made urgent phone calls back to the office to update my editors.
Like a real journalist too, I trudged around the whole night in my heels (didn't help that it hurt after HALF AN HOUR), AND THEN, I took the last train home.

As all real journalists do, I konked out within an hour of reaching home.
P/S 1: More photos will be uploaded soon.
P/S 2: Bonus points for Moobs who not only came to the train station to walk me home, but even brought my Crocs so that I could turn off journalist mode.
P/S 3: I watched Happy Feet today. AB-SO-LUTE-LY Luuurrved It.
:
awww u one lucky girl. moobs is such a sweetie hehe
chrissieeeeee
I enjoy reading your posts. You can get instant access to secrets for curing cold sores using cold sore treatment today. Do share with anyone you know who might be interested in cold sore treatment. Thanks!
Hehehe moobs is ur bitch :) Congratulations girl :) hehe
chrissie... yuh huh! -ref to sexbomb - he's my biatch!
anonymous spammer.. I so do NOT have cold sores *darts glances*
sexbomb.. yes, and if you come to KL, i'll make him yours too!
moobs... pwned!
wahaha. darling, darling, MY DEAR KIMM, you didn't just say you own crocs did you? i'm hallucinating, right? i'm hallucinating. one too many panadol extras ...
alli.. I DO. And they're an obscene colour of bright peachy pink. Why ah?
no, no, no. we will pretend they are birkenstocks instead. clogs over crocs. haha
hehe. actually i think clogs WOULD be easier to walk in sometimes. I'm such a clutz and the crocs are so ..ronald mcdonalds that I've tripped myself a coupla times.
you are one definite lucky girl, and Moobs is truly so sweet.
i wish i could turn off journo-mode as easily. my office rings me up at insane hours (sometimes) to check if Anne Theodore Phillipus Matheo is spelled Anne with or without the 'E'.. (for example, no reference to anyone living or dead).. 0_o
i still wanna go see if Rocky and Toby are now co-habitating. =P
Post a Comment
<< Home