Back from civilisation
Almost cried at the thought of having to leave that jungle for the concrete one here.
Travelling to the jewel that is Danum Valley was quite a pain. Literally.
For KL dwellers, you have to take a 2 and 1/2 hours flight to Kota Kinabalu, take another flight to Lahad Datu and from there, drive 2 and 1/2 hours higglety-pigglety on a gravel road to the valley.
But it was worth it :)
Leaving Kota Kinabalu for Lahad Datu
Lahad Datu baggage collection counter is very small
I got to go on a night safari in a real (cannot see shit when torchlight is off, not even the moon)jungle, go on a trek wearing unfashionable leech socks.
Some people wearing green leech socks heading out for their trek
Got to see (but didn't manage to capture on film - though I do have a video of the sambar deer):
> Banded palm civet, malayan civet and some other type of civet
> Mousedeer, sambar deer
> Nightjar and several other pretty birds
> Lots of butterflies and pretty moths
> Some snake
Just wasn't very lucky when it came to spotting wildlife. Thursday night, some of them spotted the clouded leopard as well as a pygmy elephant.
Me, I smelt an elephant during the night safari. Oh, and I saw an orang utan's nest. Pinnacle of excitement I think :)
The forest, being quite immobile, provided plenty of photo opportunities.
fungi
termite shit/ nest killed the tree (which is why it's crooked halfway)
wild orchids
creeper creeping up the tree trunk full of fungi
Some more photos of meteorological labs and equipment, but don't think it'd interest you guys :)


:
It took me a while to realise the baggage collection was that trolley in the corner!! I was reading thinking 'huh...'. haha Do you think they can still manage to lose baggage? ;)
Ooh that first shot is so mystical and I'm a bit unnerved by what you saw, me and nature/wildlife is scary mix..I scream like a girl! And yes, I say that with great dismay.
following from below, yeah your xanga site. I saw all these photos I neveerr seeen!!
the baggage collection was the trolley and that little bit of 'counter' to put it :) passengers need to take their luggage before they can load more on it. hehe.
xanga was a different me (said with much regret). i used to be more keen on photography then and brain wasn't crowded with thoughts of work.
so not born to work. :) but who is.
YES...i love what I do, but ..I am not born to work, I still feel urges to runnnn freee..hehe
Comparing the beginning me and the now me, i think i privatise more than i publicise....
loves it (photos)!
i have leech-phobia..i need those socks!
lc..i know what you mean. but i guess since there's a pool of ppl tht u can publicise to on protected, tht's pretty alright eh? :)
lil.. me too!!! i squirm at the thought of them. the ppl there laughed at me cause i brought a container of salt along all the way from KL :P
Post a Comment
<< Home